The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
EXCELLENT!! Congrats!

Do you play any compositions of other jazz guitarists? (just curious)

Could you please post more of this style of playing. I totally enjoy watching someone playing this style. Thanks in advance.

Not wishing to take any credit away from the essential role of your mind, heart and fingers ...What amp and pedals are you using to get your tone?

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
playing on top of the original recording makes the tone comparison impossible and confusing.
A much better idea would be to find a good backing track for that song and play the solo on that background.
Its only then that the natural tone of the guitar can be heard.
G.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi! I plug-in my jack directly to the interface. It's an Focusrite Scarlet 6i6. I don't use anything more.

I also play Grant Green, George Benson, Stan Getz even Mike Stern's standards. Some of them are in my Youtube channel, others I will upload very soon.

Thanks for watch my video!

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
#2 I also play Grant Green....
I'm pleased to see that Grant Green is on your list. I read his biography (written by his daughter, IIRC) and have some of his CD's.

This is a quote from Wiki:

"Critics Michael Erlewine and Ron Wynn write, "A severely underrated player during his lifetime, Grant Green is one of the great unsung heroes of jazz guitar"

This is from Wiki also and might interest you...

"According to fellow guitarist George Benson, Grant achieved his tone by turning off the bass and treble settings of his amplifier, and maximizing the midrange. This way he could get his signature punchy, biting tone."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts