The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
StatsCan reported today that yogurt and cottage cheese production is way up, by tons: The Daily — Dairy statistics, July 2017

I shouldn't make fun of it, I'm sure there are many whose business decisions are influenced by such numbers. It just seems weird to see a news-release about yogurt and cottage cheese production. But somebody has to keep track of it, right?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I can see that being logical....there is a growing health-conscious food sector, with yogurt and cottage cheese a big staple

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dairy is toxic. It is not good for you.
I dunno Richard. There are an awful lot of boobies in the world. That oughta tell us something about the toxicity vs necessity of dairy products. And I say this as someone who developed lactose intolerance later in life.

At least if we're gonna find increased production of dairy products, let it be yogurt and cottage cheese, instead of 34%BF cheese. Canadians get the largest share of their fat intake from cheese, apparently. So 2% yogurt with "good flora" in it ain't such a bad thing by comparison.

P

·
0 Posts
I dunno Richard. There are an awful lot of boobies in the world. That oughta tell us something about the toxicity vs necessity of dairy products. And I say this as someone who developed lactose intolerance later in life.

At least if we're gonna find increased production of dairy products, let it be yogurt and cottage cheese, instead of 34%BF cheese. Canadians get the largest share of their fat intake from cheese, apparently. So 2% yogurt with "good flora" in it ain't such a bad thing by comparison.
Dairy boobs are for calfs of the cow variety to suckle on, not grown men and women. Even children get way to much animal hormones not present in human milk. Cow milk is designed to grow big cows, not humans. Then there are the toxins, which are then concentrated to even higher levels when milk is turned into butter, cheese etc. The dairy industry is a farce. The products are bad for human health, and are promoted by govt to be eaten for the profit of the dairy industry not for the general health of the people.

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
[RANT] To apply this overgeneralized statement to everyone has not solid basis in fact. Show me the collective peer reviewed repeatable scientific studies done on the safety and adverse reactions to dairy products done over the last 20 years or so to verify this. Collections of anecdotal incidents and unverifiable scientifically flawed studies mean squat. Just because there are some people who cannot digest milk products properly and a small percent of the population* have adverse reactions is no basis for stating that milk products for majority of the population are toxic - just a bunch of reactionary crap. Same for aspartame - it causes cancer - A review of over 200 scientific does not support this. A few people start crying wolf and it makes it into the tabloids and before you know it people are believing this shit that has no verifiable basis in fact. MILK IS TOXIC !! ASPARTAME CAUSES CANCER!! People who fall for this garbage might as well believe the earth is flat and the moon is made of Kraft Singles. Geeezuz! [/RANT] *I am aware that people of African origin have more problems digesting unfermented dairy product.

·
Premium Member
10,069 Posts
It's still nowhere near as deadly as dihydrogen monoxide ie HYDRIC ACID, a solvent which is in some of our junk foods, kills thousands every year, and our government does NOTHING to stop it, because it profits from its production.

P

·
0 Posts
[RANT] To apply this overgeneralized statement to everyone has not solid basis in fact. Show me the collective peer reviewed repeatable scientific studies done on the safety and adverse reactions to dairy products done over the last 20 years or so to verify this. Collections of anecdotal incidents and unverifiable scientifically flawed studies mean squat. Just because there are some people who cannot digest milk products properly and a small percent of the population* have adverse reactions is no basis for stating that milk products for majority of the population are toxic - just a bunch of reactionary crap. Same for aspartame - it causes cancer - A review of over 200 scientific does not support this. A few people start crying wolf and it makes it into the tabloids and before you know it people are believing this shit that has no verifiable basis in fact. MILK IS TOXIC !! ASPARTAME CAUSES CANCER!! People who fall for this garbage might as well believe the earth is flat and the moon is made of Kraft Singles. Geeezuz! [/RANT] *I am aware that people of African origin have more problems digesting unfermented dairy product.
You don't want to know. You want to deny the true causes heart disease and stroke. Namely animal based diet. Watch the documentary Eating You Alive (One bite at a time). It will all become apparent.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I agree that the amount of fat, dairy & cheese most people consume is not good for our health.

not to mention donuts and 18% Tim Horton's cream: hey make it a DOUBLE DOUBLE!!

lack of exercise doesn't help either

but hey, people are gonna do what they wanna do, not my place to dictate.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
You don't want to know. You want to deny the true causes heart disease and stroke. Namely animal based diet. Watch the documentary Eating You Alive (One bite at a time). It will all become apparent.
Now I'm SURE that I've heard all of this nonsense before. Seriously, you need some new material.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts