The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Went Wakeboarding Yesterday.

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Mahogany Martin 
#1 ·
We got a boat a few years back, and I bought a wakeboard, but never really had any luck. Yesterday I decided to give it a try again, after a few failed attempts of getting up, I finally managed to do it consistantly. So I was just cruising around the river having a blast and I decided to jump the wake. I fell hard. Apparently I blacked out, and when I got back in the boat I threw up over the side. So my parents took me to emergency, where they said I had a concussion and I blew my ear drum. So now I'm doped up on T3's and my ear's bleeding. Oh yeah, and obviously I'm deaf in one ear.:eek:

But it was the most fun I've had since last winter's snowboarding trip to tremblant.:food-smiley-004:

#3 ·
yeah, i might try parachuting...probably not. I like the ground.:food-smiley-004:

#6 ·
Mahogany Martin said:
Especially now that you've only got only one good ear. Can you imagine your parachute doesn't open and you fall on that good year and damage it? Bummer.:rolleyes:
lol its weird though, listening to music, it sounds like my good ear is clogged kinda...

#8 ·
Mahogany Martin said:
So when you blow an ear drum, are there levels of harm done as in, can you damage it at 50% or whatever or is your hearing gone (for that ear) at 100% ?

It will probably take some time to adjust to this. And it's probably very annoying.
yeah, it might heal itself 100% or i could have permanent hearing loss. When listening to my stereo, it sounds like the speakers are out of phase. It's really annoying. I have some of my hearing back in that ear now. Like I can hear things but they're distant sounding.

I think I'm more pissed off that I almost jumped the wake and now I can't try it again for at least a few weeks. It's like I failed something. So now I have that feeling that I'm a failure.:frown:

#9 ·
Well I went to the doctor yesterday, and she said that its healed itself, which I knew since I have full hearing back. She also said to stay off the wakeboard for 2 more weeks to make sure.:eek:
But I bought new boots today and I'm dieing to try 'em out. I'm such a dumbass.:frown:
anyway, thought you might wanna hear the good news.:wave:

#10 ·
Well the summer is pretty much over in two weeks... hmm...
“Go for it!” “Naww, don’t do it!” “What have you got to loose?” “Just be sensitive, think about it” “Don’t listen to him, what are the odds this happening to you again?” “Now be a good boy and, oh my god, are these your new boots that you’ve got on?”... Dilemmas... Decisions decisions...:tongue:

Glad to hear that everything’s back to normal.:food-smiley-004:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.