The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my 210 cab. My rig is now an Eden WT-550 and two D112XLT cabs. It's easy to move with lots of punch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Awesome rig pal! I think you'll dig the 12's. I have four 12" cabs and it makes for a great modular rig. Easy to tote and you can use the number of cabs required for the venue... Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I like the idea of Moduler cabs but how do you wire them so your amp is happy?

If you have a tube then I understand you just match up the ohm rating of the speakers..say 3-8 ohm into the 8 ohm jack or switched.

With solid state you have to be more carefull unless you have more than one channels or outputs.. 2-8 ohm give you a 4 ohm load 3-8 ohm give you 2 ohm load.

If you use 16 ohm cabs then you can add more but when you use one on its own you lose power..

Bev

·
Registered
97 Posts
hi bevo.

i have genz benz heads that go down to 2 ohms...

so i can run one cab at 8 ohm, two cabs at 4 ohms, three cabs at 2.6 ohms (or something like that) and four cabs at 2 ohms...

if you have the right heads, the modular cab system works slick.

regards, al. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Eden WT-550 also goes down to 2 ohms. My 112 cabinets are 8 ohms each so my amp sees 4 ohms. I use #12 AWG speakon cables and just daisy chain them. amp -> cab -> cab.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sure does. When I had the 210 as well I ran it at 2.67 ohms a few times. I could never have my master volume above 9 o clock or I knocked the drummer off his throne.:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it's a goofy picture but you can see my rig back there. We played the QCYC pig roast on Saturday on Toronto Island. I was very glad to have the two small cabinets as we had to haul our equipment over on a small private ferry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts