The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mad Strappier
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Well-Hung Seasonal Song contest will be poll-voted by Guitars Canada members (if there are more than 10 entries I will pick the top ten.) The winner will earn bragging rights and a fab strap direct from my workshop. There will be second and third prizes as well. If any other vendors wish to add in prizes you are very welcome to contact me via PM.

I admit the prize here maybe ain't much but this is simply a little bit of motivation for members to actively participate musically and open yourselves up a bit to your community and fight off stage fright. I have run several of these types of contests elsewhere prior and they can be rather inspirational for guitar lovers of all skill levels and are superb community builders. Gets us all playing our guitars rather than polishing/photographing them.
I repeat, the REAL PRIZE you will find here is participation and involvement in creation.

Original words and music or instrumental/ submissions are to be added to this thread by midnight Dec 23rd and must be minimum 2:30 in length - SoundCloud/youtube etc. Since this is a guitar forum, let's have some guitar in your recording please. I wouldn't get all wrapped up in production values or fancy videos as very often I find the simple and straightforward submissions "cut through the mix" and score far better than Cecil B. De Mille productions. Please post lyrics too with your musical composition. There are no genre/style limitations - solo/duo/trio or full band - Judging will happen between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Whatever/however you personally celebrate the "holiday" season is of no matter but your submission should focus on this season and/or celebration traditions - if you have nothing to celebrate you are encouraged to either pretend you do or find another contest to enter. If you feel you may be inclined to be politically or religiously offended or offensive this contest is not for you. Do NOT enter.

If I spread the word on this it's technically spam so if anyone else wishes to mention it elsewhere in more populated sections of this forum that would be cool and I thank you in advance.

Note I have asked admin for permission to run a contest a good number of days ago but have not had any word back - so I'm just forging ahead. I understand who makes the big picture rules here and if this is deemed improper for this community I will move it to another. I reserve the right to bend or change rules mid-stream for the betterment of this contest

Who's in? Get composing!

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
I love it. Especially when you wrote :
if you have nothing to celebrate you are encouraged to either pretend you do or find another contest to enter. If you feel you may be inclined to be politically or religiously offended or offensivethis contest is not for you. Do NOT enter.

Brad your my kind of guy. First class. Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree, so very well hung you will be.

·
Mad Strappier
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GC members can enter as many times as you wish. There is no limitation there, if you are inspired.
Please if anyone can say they WILL enter, please do me a solid, mention it here, and bump this thread.
If I cannot get at least FIVE members to commit to entering at least in words in this thread in writing by Nov. 1
it'll be "message received", and I'll move it elsewhere.

Above all let's have some fun!

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,194 Posts
I'm well hung too ;)

dick_pic_guitar_pick-r47c724e8755d46adb6e25f8f1ff1d67e_zvjzc_324.jpg

·
Mad Strappier
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to enter but I don't have any original music.
It's inside you waiting to get out. The hard part, "theme" is already decided!
Pick three complimentary chords and write from your heart. Easier than you might think.

Reactions: Ti-Ron

·
Mad Strappier
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
final bump before I scrap and move this elsewhere.
are you in? post here.

·
Mad Strappier
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok well two is not really enough at this point for a contest, but... I will let you guys know where
I am moving this to, so there can be at least a little healthy competition. You guys have a head start.

Only downside is you may have to sign up for another community, but I will make sure it
is one where people are less inclined to keep their individual musical stylings locked away.
I'm the first to say (and others will agree), that's probably where I should keep mine, too!

I will not be eligible to officially enter, but you can expect me to post one, or two as well.
Watch this thread for a link to the contest.

·
Mad Strappier
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have moved this contest to another forum so it may be a real competition.
I know our Canadian competitors will still prove as strong musical contenders.

Make Us A Joyful Noise - Song Contest

I invite you to join, and take part in the Make A Joyful Noise Seasonal Song contest.
This forum is my own internet guitar forum home base, and a rather special and fairly
active (kind and gentle) guitar community. You can expect to enjoy yourselves and I do hope you
get to know some of the very cool village idiots over time.

·
Mad Strappier
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sean you gonna drop that in the official contest thread? i was looking for originals you know, but it deserves to be heard

·
Mad Strappier
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 25 Posts