The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I had received some eBay bucks, I decided to buy a (yep ! another) songbook.
There we go : I buy, I pay with Paypal using the eBay bucks and everything seems ok as usual.
I receive an email from Paypal as confirmation of the payment as usual.
The day after I received a message from eBay saying the order was turned down because the payment was refused.
I dirst got in touch with the seller who seller who replied he did not receive the order (though he could trace another one I had done last January).
My Paypal account shows the transaction was actually correctly honored and as I wanted them how they could help, Paypal refused to do anything about that since the transaction was legally done.
So I informed eBay there could be some bug. I got a phone call from eBay this morning telling me at first I was confused with another transaction (no sir, no possible confusion !)... then said the ad of the seller was not linked to any of the three Paypal accounts the seller listed on his eBay account.
Awaiting news from the seller, though.
Anyone encountered similar issue ?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds like an Ebay F...U.
Sure I would not pay again since the seller's account would be a dead end again...

Add on : Rewrote to eBay to say THEY ought to settle the issue with seller's account for the sake of good service to members. It is not MY responsibility.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally, the seller looked up all its accounts and found my Paypal payment !
There is some kind of eBay bug there.
I asked the seller to kindly send the book since it has been paid.

I must say it is my first real issue on eBay after over 800 transactions for the last ten years there.

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
I didn't even know there was such a thing as eBay bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts