The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Office 2016 installed on both of my computers. In my start menu their is a folder for all of the Office icons. But for some reason Windows or Office also placed individual icons for each program in my start menu program list. I have deleted them (right click, delete) but every time I fire my computer back up they reappear.

Does anyone know how to get rid of those individual icons once and for all?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scan with SuperAntiSpyware Free

It isn't a virus issue, I have plenty of security software on the computer and the files were installed from a clean CD.

I have seen others complaining about this on the web but haven't found a resolution.

·
Administrator
15,980 Posts
It isn't a virus issue, I have plenty of security software on the computer and the files were installed from a clean CD.

I have seen others complaining about this on the web but haven't found a resolution.
He was being a dick. probably.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
There are two sets menu items, one for the user and one for all users.

I think you can still right-click on the Start button and explore. If you go up the list of folders on the left pane, you will eventually see Users->All Users.

There is a list of recent or commonly used programs in the Start menu when you first hit the Start button, you can use right-click remove from this list, but I’m not sure it will keep the item from showing there again.

P

·
0 Posts
Well I know how much you like and admire Colchar.
I may have been hasty and Player could be turning over a new leaf. It certainly could have been some kind of adware by the friendly folks at MS.
Whenever icons start blinking I always run a SAS scan. It is really good at getting stuff Norton and the other big boys don't get.

I have not changed at all. I give out what I get.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Have you recently installed Office 2016? If so a Windows 10 Start menu setting called "Show recently added apps" which might be responsible for bringing the apps back after you've deleted them.

Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize from the menu that pops up. In the resulting window look for the Start configurations and turn off "Show recently added apps".

If it works you owe me something. Like a better federal government.

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you recently installed Office 2016? If so a Windows 10 Start menu setting called "Show recently added apps" which might be responsible for bringing the apps back after you've deleted them.

Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize from the menu that pops up. In the resulting window look for the Start configurations and turn off "Show recently added apps".

If it works you owe me something. Like a better federal government.

My apologies, I should have stated earlier that I am using Window$ 7 Pro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts