The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my weekend project arrived today. I just got a BYOC MK2 fuzz and a BYOC tri-booster form Scott at axe and you shall receive!!! I think I'm gonna build the fuzz first. It looks a bit easier so I think it's a good one to start with. :rockon2: Thanks again Scott.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Rumble_b said:
Well my weekend project arrived today. I just got a BYOC MK2 fuzz and a BYOC tri-booster form Scott at axe and you shall receive!!! I think I'm gonna build the fuzz first. It looks a bit easier so I think it's a goos one to start with. :rockon2: Thanks again Scott.
You are most welcome! :food-smiley-004:

Def. build the Fuzz first. the tri-booster is trickier for sure.

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
I built a triboost last year. It was my first (and only so far) pedal build. Relatively tricky but with the right amount of patience it's not hard. Biggest problem I had was identifying the resistors. Most enjoyment was finishing the casing.

Great sounding booster to boot!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Now that I've got my Trinity 18 up & running, maybe I'll look into building some effects too. Hmmm...an entire rig hand-built by ME sounds kinda cool! :DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's going pretty good. I wasn't gonna start till tomorrow but I now I'm hoping to get it done before practice tonight. The board is done and was pretty easy. Just gotta do the switch, pots and that stuff. Oh and wait for paint to dry, thats the longest part. Well back to work!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got them both done now, and working too!!! The only thing left to do is label the knobs and stuff. I didn't find either of them too hard to build at all. The boost was a bit more work but not too much harder. But I can say I had fun building them and can't wait to do more. The only things I ran into were my own mistakes. On the fuzz I put the transitors in wrong. Sounds much better now, my own stupid mistake that I quickly noticed was wrong. And on the boost I had bad connection that was quickly found. Over all they are exactly what I was looking for. Fun to build and they sound I wanted.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Rumble_b said:
Well I got them both done now, and working too!!! The only thing left to do is label the knobs and stuff. I didn't find either of them too hard to build at all. The boost was a bit more work but not too much harder. But I can say I had fun building them and can't wait to do more. The only things I ran into were my own mistakes. On the fuzz I put the transitors in wrong. Sounds much better now, my own stupid mistake that I quickly noticed was wrong. And on the boost I had bad connection that was quickly found. Over all they are exactly what I was looking for. Fun to build and they sound I wanted.
Cool, glad to hear that things went well. :rockon2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts