The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Everything the government touches turns to shit. People will still buy from their connections because it will be less bullshit.

What I don't like is that they haven't got anything in place to deal with dumb ass stoners driving round saying "auhh man I can drive so much better when I'm stoned."

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
When I moved from Ontario to Alberta, the one thing that disappointed me here was they way they sell alcohol. It was a real step down. Prices are higher for the stuff I liked and the selection isn't as good, and a few of the stores were no better than a mildly run down conveniences store. Had to search around the places that were minimally acceptable. The first time I went to a neighbourhood store to get a 4 pack of Guinness it was $16+. WTF !?! It was only $12 at the LCBO a couple of weeks before. Give me the LCBO anytime, and even The Beer Store.

Despite how many people bitch about the LCBO and major breweries semi-monopoly of The Beer Store, I'm all for the LCBO control of Cannabis products. It's an intoxicant and just like alcohol, recreational use has to be regulated. And no one is going to change my g-damned mind on this. What they do here in Alberta, well that depends on who wins the next election and how draconian the bluer gov't get about its regulation and distribution.

Oh shit! This politics! I HATE f-ing politics, Okay, I'm out of here before my blood pressure and anxiety start to turn me into a green skinned comic book character.

Reactions: Granny Gremlin

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
I thought they are opening NEW separate outlets for their drug dealing?
Totally separate retail outlets but under the administration of the LCBO.

P

·
0 Posts
How many potheads will pay more for their weed + 13% HST?

Dealers will be dealers...

P

·
0 Posts
One thing though, hopefully the weed from Wynne will have all the fertilizers flushed out, and no pesticides will be used. They won't spike their weed with fentanyl either.

L

·
0 Posts
they haven't got anything in place to deal with dumb ass stoners driving
My concern is those at work who go out at break time for a puff.
I used to work in a warehouse where close to a dozen guys would do this.
Then they would hop on their 10 ton forklifts.
It was scary. I seen one go through a cinder block wall and two tip-overs.

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
Everything the government touches turns to shit. People will still buy from their connections because it will be less bullshit.

What I don't like is that they haven't got anything in place to deal with dumb ass stoners driving round saying "auhh man I can drive so much better when I'm stoned."
cause, driving around drunk is soooo much better? anyone driving around stoned when weed is legalized, was doing when it wasn't. you've been driving with those people the entire time you've had a license. just like drunks drivers.

At 2 in the morning you ain't gonna be calling an LCBO or what ever. And you'll pay the price that is asked.
except potheads dont call dealer mcdope at 2 in the morning, you're talking about coke/crack. afaik, they aint trying to sell that at the lcbo

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
I think the only way they will have success is to have a better product at a better price. I am skeptical of that happening. First, if the employees get the same wages as LCBO workers, plus the buildings (or rent), then utility cost on top.

Colorado seems to be making money on it. How do they do it? Why not copy an existing, successful model?

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
I'll keep buying mine online

Reactions: sambonee

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
cause, driving around drunk is soooo much better? anyone driving around stoned when weed is legalized, was doing when it wasn't. you've been driving with those people the entire time you've had a license. just like drunks drivers.

except potheads dont call dealer mcdope at 2 in the morning, you're talking about coke/crack. afaik, they aint trying to sell that at the lcbo
They used to cheezy. 'specially if you delivered.

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I'd have to agree. Potheads always have their shit together as far as always having some on hand.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts