The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Yo.
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newer Strat Pickguards - Pickguard Planet

These guys stole my Fender HM pic from from wayyyyy back. Scroll down a bit, it's the black superstrat with the tele pickguard. One part of me say "these guys are scum, they must pay!" but my rational side says who are these guys anyways, they're nobodies. Plus my model is really rare anyways, it's impossible to get pics of said guitar.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Sorry...you post it on the internet, its fair game. I'm very lazy and have a crappy camera. I steal pics for my stuff for sale all the time.

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Ask them to credit you. If they want to remain without bad press, they will do so

Send it as an email.

·
Yo.
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sent an email to the guys on the website. Here's their response:
----------------------
Hi David:
We will remove your pic from the site.
It does look like a cool axe; they seem really rare; I never see them at the vintage shows, etc.
Thanks,
Kenny

-----------------------
Kudos for the fast response.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
LOL @ BSTheTech
True story

Reactions: MS41R8

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a guitar photo, honestly. I know I wouldn't get overly excited over it. It's not a piece of artwork that YOU made (yes, you took a photo..) I get it. You put a photo of your guitar on the net, and now... voila, your lively hood as a guitar photographer is gone. Now, if they ripped off some of your music for something, totally different ball of wax.

They took it down, so you win the internet today, sir.

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Seymour Duncan used my photo of my tele once and I didn’t take a fit of it. It actually made me vary proud of my self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warmoth used one of my pics and I too am kind of proud they did.

L

·
0 Posts
A site used a pic of my Vantage bass. They misrepresented the scale length and I emailed to correct them.

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
Pictures I took of my Fury Fireball for this site, ended up on several other sites. I've also seen them on Pintrest, Facebook. One of them even showed up on the Eastwoods promo email and site when they were selling a Fireball clone. I thought that was just the way of the world. When you post something, it becomes public domain.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts