The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so pissed off!! We arrived in the Mayan Riviera part of Mexico Saturday. The weather has been alright and typical 35 not a cloud in the sky. The food at the resort is just short of fantastic and if they would just put a little tiny more effort it probably could be perfect. The problem though is that it rained last night for almost 90 minutes with a spectacular lightning show. Well they say today might be ok with a temperature of 39 with clear skies and calm surf. We'll see.
How's the snow? You lucky bastards.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I'm so pissed off!! We arrived in the Mayan Riviera part of Mexico Saturday. The weather has been alright and typical 35 not a cloud in the sky. The food at the resort is just short of fantastic and if they would just put a little tiny more effort it probably could be perfect. The problem though is that it rained last night for almost 90 minutes with a spectacular lightning show. Well they say today might be ok with a temperature of 39 with clear skies and calm surf. We'll see.
How's the snow? You lucky bastards.
I'm coming down to ruin the fun, ..or join in it. 39 sounds awesome.

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
What resort are you staying at?
We've stayed at the Fairmont Mayakoba, it was fantastic, service included. we were there during the PGA and saw lots of pro golfers in our hotel. we had dinner at the Rosewood nearby and it was beautiful as well. We did a water tour of the Banyan Tree and it was cool...the little cottages in the river, with mangroves and alligators (actually saw them)...supposedly Timberlake and his pals stay there.
My aunt/uncle stayed at the Hard Rock and loved it as well.
downtown was underwhelming....as was the tour we went on to the tequila factory, jewelry store etc....just a way to trap you into buying overpriced stuff.

·
Registered
24,374 Posts
View attachment 181329 Snow sucks. My commute this morning started out with this.
1) Is there ANYTHING more Canadian than talking or bitching about the weather?
2) Looks like Alta Vista. Doesn't anyone there have, and use, a garage? I may be just about the only person on our street who uses their garage as a garage, so I start the day not having to scrape or sweep the snow.
3) The worst part of starting out the day as shown is not cleaning off the car, but the bad judgment shown by so many other people on the road.
4) I intensely dislike the institution of Daylight Savings Time at this point in the calendar year. It's not a dislike of DST, per se. Rather, trading off having to wake up in the dark, just to have a little more daylight after dinner does not strike me as a fair trade. I'm one of those folks that needs to go to sleep when it's dark, and wake up when it's light. Going to sleep and waking up in broad daylight (summer in Edmonton), or going to sleep and waking up in the dark, do NOT work for me. Sheesh, wait until what would be 6:30AM actually looks like daytime, rather than the dead of night, and THEN begin DST.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Doesn't anyone there have, and use, a garage?
This is North America where the two-car garage firstly, does not fit two cars and for many folks in my neighborhood, it's where the hoarders store their junk or it's an extended living space like the drunks across the street from us playing haki-sak and lounging in decrepit furniture.

·
Registered
24,374 Posts
This is North America where the two-car garage firstly, does not fit two cars and for many folks in my neighborhood, it's where the hoarders store their junk or it's an extended living space like the drunks across the street from us playing haki-sak and lounging in decrepit furniture.
Yeah, I don't get that. If you have so much crap that you can't use your garage as a garage, then there are several courses of action available:
1) Organize your crap so that it takes up less space.
2) Stop acquiring so much crap.
3) Get rid of some of your crap.
4) Rent a storage space and put your excess crap in there.

Our former next door neighbours could never use their garage as a garage, but that was because they had a car (Escalade SUV) that was too frigging big for the garage, on every dimension. Too tall to fit under the garage door, too long to fit into the garage, and too wide to be able to open the car doors without banging into stuff. The previous owners before them had a Chevy compact of some variety, and had allocated some of the space at the far end of the garage to a family TV room, as an add-on. They nearly always used the garage as a garage.

Our older son has been gradually filling up our garage with his crap; woodworking tools, router table, table saw. To his credit, he has built several things (a wonderful set of shelves, to soon be equipped with sliding drawers to contain all my spraypaint, and assorted chemicals) that allow for his stuff to take up less space than it might. In fairness, we have a 1-1/2 car garage, that the previous owners had enlarged to accommodate a long workbench for their dental-supply/repair business. So, my ability to still fit the car in the garage does not arise out of my saintliness or exquisite aim, but because the previous owners gave us a bit of wiggle room.

Aaaaaannnnndddd the snow keeps falling.

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
I cant complain really....around here, for at least half of Feb as well as March so far, and looking into the forecast, we haven't had much more than an odd cm or 2 of snow...a rather wimpy end to a winter that started off with a roar.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Yeah, the winter was a bit of pig back there for awhile but now it’s nuthin ain’t bothering me at all and starting to brighten up a bit with daylight slaving time kicked in.

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
April 9th and it seems like winter wants to return with a vengeance.

On the positive side, you get an extension to sledding season.
Around here those things are a huge waste of money since the season is rarely more than 3 months.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yeah you guys get all the best storms!!!
I wish that were the case this season but we've seen more than our share of rain over here this year.

On the positive side, you get an extension to sledding season.
Around here those things are a huge waste of money since the season is rarely more than 3 months.
They're a waste of money period, nothing but a money pit... but I love riding them. There was plenty of snow before the storm in the hills, here's a picture from April 1st.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
A waste of money is a sled and living on the Avalon. When I did have one a couple of years ago, the west coast was a regular thing. Love the trails and the country over there for sledding.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts