The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my son and I met a great guy and wonderful guitarist today.
We were one our way home from dropping off my oldest son(the aspirinig drummer) at a birthday party and my guitarist son suggested we stop off at our local Tom Lee music store.
We played a few guitars and amps and got chatting with a older gentleman who was happy to see my young son trying out the guitars.
This gentleman and my son and I got chatting with him and he casually mentioned that had played professionally for over thirty years.
He asked me if I had heard of Lighthouse,Chilliwack or the Headpins.
I of course said for sure, in fact I liked several of each bands songs and one of Lighthouses songs One Fine Day which was a huge hit was one of my favourite songs.
It turns out this fellow was the guitarist for these groups and after chatting for awhile invited my son and I over to his place so my son could try his custom Tele and his a Special Edition Strat!!
He wailed out a few of his tunes while we sat and soaked it all in and my sons face was grinning ear to ear!
He then proceeded to let my ten yr old son play his guitars through his Marshall stack......my son was so excited!
He told us that he was working on a website and invited back again and also told us were to shop and to mention his name to get a great deal on what we needed.
He gave my son two cd's of his music,a pick and a custom guitar stand!

What a incredible experience to meet this fellow and now we have a great new friend who was a important part of the Canadian music scene for over thirty years.:smilie_flagge17:

I will post his site when it is up and running for you guys.
One of his best friends is the great Gary Moore and he played us a pre copy of a new Gary Moore DVD due out soon.

Man we are still talking about this gentleman and we are looking forward to meeting up with him again soon, what a great player and gentleman.

I just had to share this experience with you guys, and the timing was incredible as I was just telling my son that you never know who you will meet at the music stores and alot of cool musicians love to encourage kids to play, and that was exactly what happened next.
I am not sure who had the biggest smile during our visit, my son or this gentleman as he allowd my boy to play his most precious axes.
He said he loves to encourage young players and neverbut never invites anyone over but he felt a very good vibe from us and trusted us enough to invite us over.:D:D

What a day!!!!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Well my son and I met a great guy and wonderful guitarist today.

What a incredible experience to meet this fellow and now we have a great new friend who was a important part of the Canadian music scene for over thirty years.:smilie_flagge17:

Man we are still talking about this gentleman and we are looking forward to meeting up with him again soon, what a great player and gentleman.
SO WHO IS HE ANYWAY? WHAT'S HIS NAME?:confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry I forgot to explain that he worked under alias's his whole career to you know.....ahhh earn a little more, if you get my drift.
He grew up and had played off and on with one of the original members of Chilliwack and the Headpins the late great Brian MacLeod
When he was with Lighthouse he told me their lousy manager turned down a chance to play at Woodstock, though the band did go to plat Monterey Pop Festival.
I kinda got the feeling he wanted to remain low key, but he is a interesting and talented guy.
If we do get a chance to visit again I will ask him if its ok to post his name as he seemed a pretty private guy and told me that he never brings strangers over but he told me that he got such a good vibe from us and was wanting to encourage my son in his playing so he invited us over!

·
Registered
300 Posts
That's really nice of him. It's always a pleasure to meet a nice friendly human being when and where you don't really expect it. I find it happens whenever you travel a lot too. I ran into the nicest people on the few trips I went on..

·
Registered
97 Posts
did u manage to get his autograph? lol

wow u must really be lucky to meet a famous musician and try out one of his guitars...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts