The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The one thing I need more than anything is a space to effectively use all the tools I have accumulated and which are presently impractical to us because the set up takes longer than the application.
I’m in the exact same boat. We have a two car garage that my wife (rightfully) insists is for cars. It has a large enough space between the cars and the back wall to store all my stuff, but not much of it is usable without pulling my car out.
If I have a project, I pull mine (or sometimes both) out and set up. I have a maximum of a couple days before they are expected to be parked inside again.

·
Premium Member
19,026 Posts
I’m in the exact same boat. We have a two car garage that my wife (rightfully) insists is for cars. It has a large enough space between the cars and the back wall to store all my stuff, but not much of it is usable without pulling my car out.
If I have a project, I pull mine (or sometimes both) out and set up. I have a maximum of a couple days before they are expected to be parked inside again.

Well, I don't know how many years I've been saying I need a little shop. Maybe it's time to shit or get off the pot, LOL.

·
Premium Member
11,676 Posts
This is what I mentioned earlier about vises in vises:

The ever useful steel working vise:

The crappy drill press vise (with the other vice behind):

And not so much vice as third hand:

The workmate is in the shed because it usually only gets used outside and somewhere I have a little vise that clamps on the edge of a surface but damned if I know where it is right now. For fine work I often just clamp a small wood clamp in the bench vise. Poor man's solutions.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
its funny the things some ppl decide to collect.
In high school a friends GF's parents collected antique apple peelers.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts