The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,564 Posts
In another thread I mentioned measuring tools first, bladed tools next, but definitely vices have to be right up there in the order. A B&D Workmate even. I have vices bolted to hardwood plates to be clamped in the Workmate for use outside, up north, or wherever. They're kind of a once (each) in a lifetime purchase.

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
1,254 Posts
When I used to go to farm auctions those early model vises would fetch some very high bids, when collectors were in attendance.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
When I used to go to farm auctions those early model vises would fetch some very high bids, when collectors were in attendance.
Still do it seems. And anvils! Look on kijiji for vices and anvils and its eye popping what people are asking for this stuff if they know what they have and it's been restored.
YouTube restoration videos fuel some of that demand for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
When I was buying my first electric Les Paul Japanese these guys were at the music store when I was dropping my summer earnings. He grabbed the guitar and plugged it into a Marshall half stack and wailed! He offered me a pass to the club they were playing that night, I was only 14 or 15. They gave me a signed LP or maybe EP and I think I might still have it. This was Ferguson Music in Nanaimo in the late 70's.

·
Premium Member
13,820 Posts
See them a coupla' times in T.O.
Good band. Put on a good show.

·
Premium Member
18,334 Posts
As a kid I would find some fleeting entertainment spinning the bar that closes or opens the vice my dad had in the garage.

Havent thought about that until more pics were posted. No vice in our house (nowhere for it, yet).

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I need a good vice! Had one I bought at a garage sale but can't find it

Reactions: Verne

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have only one. Bought it for a couple bucks at a garage sale. Still covered in packing grease and in the bag. It's a mess and will take a while to clean up. One day when I have somewhere to put it, I'll get onto the cleaning. Until then, no sense in inviting rust to come visiting.

·
Premium Member
18,675 Posts
I have only one. Bought it for a couple bucks at a garage sale. Still covered in packing grease and in the bag. It's a mess and will take a while to clean up. One day when I have somewhere to put it, I'll get onto the cleaning. Until then, no sense in inviting rust to come visiting.
The one thing I need more than anything is a space to effectively use all the tools I have accumulated and which are presently impractical to us because the set up takes longer than the application.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts