The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
after reading this thread, I checked the site. I definately do not like the way this guy talks. it sounds more like random sampling than science behind his pickups. the prices are very good though for a handwound set though. I would be interested in hearing them, but I am not sold on them yet

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have darkburst in a R7Custom with Darkbursts and I just put a pair of Crossroads in a Tokai SG60. They cover off low and mid gain PAF tone quite well.

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
WCRs seem to be the darling of the TheGearNet at this time. I've heard some good sound clips. Maybe down the road, I might try them in an LP clone, if I ever can evern afford one of those.:eek:

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
I've got his Dark Bursts in my R8 and his Crossroads in my Archtop. I absolutely love them. I can't say enough good things about them.[/URL]
What pots and stuff do you have in the R8? I assume they work well with the Darkbursts.

I have an archtop (MIJ Epi) - but it's waiting to have a set of '57s I have to be installed.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Robert1950 said:
What pots and stuff do you have in the R8? I assume they work well with the Darkbursts.

I have an archtop (MIJ Epi) - but it's waiting to have a set of '57s I have to be installed.
I've got 4x500K CTS pots(audio taper). Jensen paper foil in oil caps. .015 in the neck and .022 in the bridge.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just installed a set of Shredders in my CU24. Very nice.

They have the bounce and feel of the rest of Wagner pickups. Nice and focused and responsive to attack. A great crunch texture and a good amount of output for Alnico pickups. The coil tapping is amazing, normally you lose alot of output but not with these.

PS) they are made by WCR but only available through RS GuitarWorks

http://www.rsguitarworks.com/Shredder.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts