The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know someone out of town who's selling his gently used one and he offered it to me.

I've never played one though. Anyone have experience with this pedal? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,690 Posts
A Big Muff with some adjustability. Big bottom end that cannot be dialed out of it, according to bass players who use it. When I had one for guitar, it was OK, but very high gain - which is sorta what a Big Muff does, but I’ve had (and built) other variants I liked better.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Big Muff with some adjustability. Big bottom end that cannot be dialed out of it, according to bass players who use it. When I had one for guitar, it was OK, but very high gain - which is sorta what a Big Muff does, but I’ve had (and built) other variants I liked better.

Thanks!

I've been watching some demos on youtube (as I have many times in the past) and it's just not doing anything for me. I have a Big Muff and love it, so that sound is covered.

To my ears, it's just too much of a Big Muff variant.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It’s definitely a big muff, that’s for sure.

I use it for bass, since I don’t like it on guitar. It’s very tweakable, but it’s also finicky and little twists of the knobs can send it off in wildly different directions. I found a sound I like, and now I don’t touch the knobs anymore.

I like the pedal, but it was replaced by my op amp big muff reissue, and I don’t see it clawing it’s way back onto my board any time soon.

Also, the footprint is just way too big for my needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts