The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics of my Tennis club, guess I won't be playing for a while :) Both bubbles are down btw. The water as seen in the pics had already started to recede. It's about 5 minutes from my place, glad I live on top of a good sized hill.

·
Registered
24,352 Posts
Reminds me of Gatineau in May of last year. Hopefully people don't start losing their homes like in Gatineau. And hopefully it drains before a sudden cold snap like in Boston recently.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I heard somewhere that Brantford was underwater and evacuating some people or businesses. The rivers around here have been just stupid the last two days.

So much for buying ice fishing stuff this year. should've invested in my boat instead

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
Some of the pictures I've seen of London today are pretty wild. The washouts under roads in particular.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Tragic event out of it...mother and child crashed into the Grand River. Car was swept downriver and she tried to escape but lost grip on her 3 year old child. Terrible news. I can't imagine that world of hurt

·
Premium Member
10,933 Posts
We're high and dry in Goderich, but a local campground on the Maitland River is flooded. Places I used to live, St. Marys and Brantford, are hit bad. The bridge in Chesley had major damage.

Good luck, folks!

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
i have about 8" of water in my backyard

·
Premium Member
9,704 Posts
Its not that I don't feel badly for those with flooding problems....but can we start a gofundme campaign to ensure Dave still has access to his winter tennis club?

I had no idea he was a man of means, so this must be very tragic for him. Hopefully there weren't any great Lacoste losses at the club...all those poor tiny alligators.

Time for me to re-evaluate my fiscal philosophy

Reactions: davetcan

·
Administrator
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tragic event out of it...mother and child crashed into the Grand River. Car was swept downriver and she tried to escape but lost grip on her 3 year old child. Terrible news. I can't imagine that world of hurt
She drove around the road closed barrier. I went out for a walk early yesterday morning (before light) and one of the major roads was closed due to the flooding. The number of people who turned back at the road closed sign was about half of the number of those who went around it. From what I saw all of them eventually made a U turn and came back, the river was flowing freely across the road.

IMG_20180221_044113539.jpg

·
Administrator
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, I get a seniors discount.

Its not that I don't feel badly for those with flooding problems....but can we start a gofundme campaign to ensure Dave still has access to his winter tennis club?

I had no idea he was a man of means, so this must be very tragic for him. Hopefully there weren't any great Lacoste losses at the club...all those poor tiny alligators.

Time for me to re-evaluate my fiscal philosophy

·
Registered
484 Posts
Early estimates about $2,500 to 3 and insurance won’t cover “foundation seepage” so it’s all in me lol. What are we paying for?
That sucks.... I'm guessing you're a little closer to the Nith??

We're on a bit of a hill set back from the road. Our ditches were overflowing (neighbors driveway flooded over) and our back yard is under water in the low areas. We have an open field behind us that was draining down our driveway. It was like a river. It eroded a lot of the top layer of gravel off.

Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll find it all when I mow the lawn!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts