The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a cool guitar today in a local pawnshop. It's a 12 string washburn electric model a10-12. I can't find any info on the net about this particular model. It has six strings strung normally and six strung backwards with the tuners at the butt end of the guitar like the old 10 string bc richs. It is a set neck , possibly a neck through. Has the typical modified explorer body shape. It also appears to have Dimarzio super distortion pickups in it. Does anyone know anything about these guitars?? I don't really need a 12 string electric but I must admit it is a pretty cool guitar.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Its from the Stage Series that was made from 1978 to 1985. There was a reissue in the 90s, but they never reissued the 12er. It should be set neck. Yes, they are cool guitars. I have 2 A20s but they are 6 strings. They made A20-12s as well, but you tend to see the 10s more often than the 20s.............

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one isn't a reissue for sure. The case and the guitar both look from the late seventies early eighties. Trying to figure out what I would do with an 12 string. It's got a brass nut and right now it's only strung with 6 strings. It's got the original washburn case. What kind of price range do these guitars go for? I haven't played this one yet, what are the pickups like in them?

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
The pickups are decent, but the guitar isnt going to get you that twangy Ricky 12 string sound. Its still a cool guitar though. As for price, thats always debateable............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts