The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm gonna get a Warwick Corvette $$. In Ocean Blue or Emerald Green.
Any Opinions?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I playerd one once, didn't care for the neck. I have small hands and it was too thick. I think this bass has 1 good tone but not that much variation when switching pickups, my guess is that they are too close... I would not buy one, but if you like it and it fits your wallet, go ahead...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I havent actually played one, because nobody stocks them.
I played a Corvette Standard and loved it. except that it had 2 volumes and a tone. I was hoping for more knobs...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I played the rockbass version of the corvette and it had more tonal variety than the double but, but being a rockbass, it had a not so good sound and feel to it, the rockbass felt "better" in my hands... But I still woudn't buy and instrument I haven't played. I know a store that a trans red 4 strings stock, but it might not be worth the ride for you, Quebec city is a long way....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I played a $$ and it was definitely an in your face bass! I myself preferred the tonal varieties and sound of the JazzMan configuration.

I love Warwick necks.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
I've liked virtually every Warwick I've tried, especially one last year at Elderly (www.elderly.com). I recently sold my Warwick RockBass, only because I'm raising the money for another instrument. It was a killer axe, nicely balanced on a strap, smooth tone, nice clear low B, usable tones...

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I play a Warwick corvette proline, I don't have large hands either but this axe has become my favorite. I like the sound, feel and reliability of it. Before I bought mine I used A Geddy Lee jazz, Fender precision and my Hagstrom (My first bass that I bought new 36 years ago). I still have all my toys, just can't let them go. All of these guitars are nice and very playable and have their own personalities. Good luck on your final decision.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a corvette standard fretless for a couple years... sold it recently to finance my G&L..
sometimes I miss it... other times I don't... (fretless and me didn't really bond, if it was a fretted model,,, it'd be my #1,,, loved that growl)..

never tried the $$

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
james on bass said:
I played a $$ and it was definitely an in your face bass! I myself preferred the tonal varieties and sound of the JazzMan configuration.

I love Warwick necks.
yeah but I can get a $$ for between $1300 and 1400, a JazzMan is like double that...

The $$ seems to get good reviews everywhere.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Xanadu said:
yeah but I can get a $$ for between $1300 and 1400, a JazzMan is like double that...

The $$ seems to get good reviews everywhere.
Double the price does make a difference. It really boils down to how much you like the bass - you'll be the one playing it (well, until you give it to me).

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
james on bass said:
Double the price does make a difference. It really boils down to how much you like the bass - you'll be the one playing it (well, until you give it to me).
Yeah I know. But I don't have $3000 to spend on a bass right now.

Anyway, the guy from the store called me back today, and their supplier in Montreal has the $$ in Nirvana Black, which after thinking about it, I decided I want that colour. I dont want to look back at this bass in 10 years and be like.. man I wish I didnt get blue. He also quoted me $1300+tax.
I'm a happy camper.

This is what it looks like....

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Tried out the cheaper RockBass and it felt good in a 4, the 5 felt like it had a super fat neck.

Like that pic but what are the two switches for? PU, selector spliter, Active or Passive?
Bev

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bevo said:
Tried out the cheaper RockBass and it felt good in a 4, the 5 felt like it had a super fat neck.

Like that pic but what are the two switches for? PU, selector spliter, Active or Passive?
Bev
The switches are 3-way and change between hum cancelling parallel/series and single coil.

·
Registered
97 Posts
my streamer has a great neck, although they do seem to vary between different models and basses somewhat. the only thing i've found about some of the warwick models that don't have the sculpted body (like the streamers) is that they don't fit me very well. you'll also find because the top horn of the warwicks (i think except for the old fortress models) don't go up to the 12'th fret the reach to the nut is a little longer. if it fits you i'm sure you'll dig the bass, the double buck i played had more than enough tonal variations.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG!! It came in today!!! wow.

just wow.
I'll get some pictures up later, but now I'm heading out to jam with it.:banana:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts