The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think that blue one looks amazing.

That being said, I commend Gibson for trying new things and modern looks, but I don’t think they’ll be able to nudge their way back into the modern metal market. Ibanez, ESP, Jackson and Charvel, as well as a plethora of others are catering to those markets these days, and at a much lower price point.

For the record, I like the looks and the specs of these guitars, I just feel like Gibson is trying to fill a niche that’s already packed full. Anyone know the price point on these? For the specs and the name, I would assume they’ll be $2k-$3k.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think they should have just offered these finishes on a regular LP in the $1000 range. I’d be interested in the blue one, sans the Floyd, at a more realistic price.

The finishes are cool, but if these are limited edition and priced so high that they are out of the realm of reality for the average person, I suspect they will be here today and gone tomorrow anyways. Gibson does so many “limited editions” now that they’ve become a dime a dozen. I love Gibson instruments, but they’re succeeding in watering down their own legacy.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
They should have done that in 1985.
I'm wondering if that's the demographic that they're after, guys that were teenagers in that era.

My first "serious" guitar was a late '80s Hamer Californian in neon yellow that I bought new.
When I was searching around at that time, everything was a SuperStrat in gaudy colours.

·
Premium Member
10,430 Posts
The millenials at my work organized an 80's retro themed party last month. This generation may have a romanticized fascination with that decade, the same way mine did with the '70's.

While I think these will flop, I can't fault them for trying something new...can only churn out so many sunburst historics.

They should've got some flamboyant celeb to endorse these...they'd sell at least 30% more.
Jeff Beck played some fruity looking guitars in the 80's. If he put his name on these, at least some of you would be gassing for one.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The age group with half a brain.

These Less Pauls will be terrible and fail.
Do you plan on answering for the rest of the class?

Also, your life must really suck that you get so defensive when someone asks a question that has nothing to do with you.
LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts