·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think that blue one looks amazing.

That being said, I commend Gibson for trying new things and modern looks, but I don’t think they’ll be able to nudge their way back into the modern metal market. Ibanez, ESP, Jackson and Charvel, as well as a plethora of others are catering to those markets these days, and at a much lower price point.

For the record, I like the looks and the specs of these guitars, I just feel like Gibson is trying to fill a niche that’s already packed full. Anyone know the price point on these? For the specs and the name, I would assume they’ll be $2k-$3k.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think they should have just offered these finishes on a regular LP in the $1000 range. I’d be interested in the blue one, sans the Floyd, at a more realistic price.

The finishes are cool, but if these are limited edition and priced so high that they are out of the realm of reality for the average person, I suspect they will be here today and gone tomorrow anyways. Gibson does so many “limited editions” now that they’ve become a dime a dozen. I love Gibson instruments, but they’re succeeding in watering down their own legacy.

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
The millenials at my work organized an 80's retro themed party last month. This generation may have a romanticized fascination with that decade, the same way mine did with the '70's.

While I think these will flop, I can't fault them for trying something new...can only churn out so many sunburst historics.

They should've got some flamboyant celeb to endorse these...they'd sell at least 30% more.
Jeff Beck played some fruity looking guitars in the 80's. If he put his name on these, at least some of you would be gassing for one.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts