The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
904D3F65-C3B1-42FB-A19C-DA28AAE56D04.jpeg
I give you the TOTO Washlet.

Granted it is also a bidet and has a heated seat.

I read that 80% or more of homes in Japan have something similar, maybe some lower end, but this is what I see in most places over here.

I may be the first to post a toilette here.

P

·
0 Posts

This unit is under $300 and adds onto a regular toilet. Washes (heated), heated seat, heated drying fan, led light.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Great Christmas gift ideas. Not!! lol
I think heated seats make sense for Canadians, especially those living more north. I have friends with a bidet attachment and they swear by it. Getting cleaner with less effort (stay sitting) seems like a pro to me haha.

Can't say I'm rushing out to buy one, but I get the appeal.

I was totally expecting a guitar on a toilet seat, for the record.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
When I worked for a large Japanese equipment manufacturer we used to get prototypes of these to do "market research and quality analysis", in hopes of them being placed in the Canadian market. A few were sent to CSA for testing, although I don't recall ever seeing any reports on pass/fail.

The biggest stumbling block in bringing this type of product to Canada was our small population. Unless the US wanted the product, ensuring economy of production scale, we could never get a reasonable cost to go to market.

·
Premium Member
16,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

This unit is under $300 and adds onto a regular toilet. Washes (heated), heated seat, heated drying fan, led light.

Yup, the bidet and toilette base seem to be a huge portion of the cost. but $2700 plus $300 for the seat?

I can hire someone to breathe on the seat before I sit down for less than that.

·
Premium Member
16,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speaking with my colleagues from Spain and France today and they tell me in most of Europe bidets went out of fashion in the 80s, so they’re using paper now too.

Japanese people are REALLY not fond of being cold.

It was 17 deg C today and everywhere I went indoors it was like a freaking sauna. It’s the same in our office. I’ll be down to a polo shirt and sweating and my Japanese buddies will have three or four layers on and complain they’re cold.

Maybe I’m in manopause, LOL.

·
Registered
24,686 Posts
In the early 90's, I had my first kidney stone attack (not recommended, kids), and suffered for 5 days in Sackville, New Brunswick's small hospital, courtesy of a doctor who didn't know much about how to treat them. Eventually, they let me go for a nice long soak in a nice deep and hot tub. The tub was in a large room (think high-school classroom) that must have been planned for something else originally. It housed the tub, a toilet, a sink, and a lot of empty space. The toilet was not enclosed in any way. I don't care how many doodads a toilet comes with, if it feels like it's out in the open, it just feels wrong. It doesn't have to feel like you're in the womb or world's smallest outhouse or hiding in the bushes, but neither should it feel like you're relieving yourself in an empty parking garage or concert hall.

As for guitar magazines, I find them to be the best laxatives; far superior to any foodstuff or over-the-counter medicine. Glad to see Milkman's grandchildren are learning a valuable lesson early. It will see them well through the many cheese-binges and buffet-visits sure to accompany their future lives.

I'll say this about good old-fashioned toilet paper: it will NEVER require a firmware upgrade and will never be hackable for your personal information.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
My wife’s employer has a French made, $5,000 USD toilet. It is a stunning blue colour with a very small splash point, or water line. No electronics or tricks of any kind.

If someone actually craps in the thing, the flush doesn’t clean the bowl. It needs to be cleaned with a toilet brush.

Truly a beautiful, good for shit toilet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts