The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my SX last week. It was shipped Monday morning. Ordered all the modding parts on Tuesday from a forumite I met here. Man, would it be nice if the bass showed up Friday!

Is it just me, or does the bass forum not get frequented much?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Waiting sucks!!!

And you're right, the bass forum is pretty dead. Maybe I'll stop by more, I've been playing a lot of bass lately. Really starting to get it now. I'm not really playing it like a guitar anymore, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It makes complete sense. There is nothing worse than a guitarist who thinks the bass just has thicker strings.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
yeah this bass forum is kinda dead, it might be because its "guitarscanada" not bassescanada.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeff Flowerday said:
Hey a new bass guy just signed up, Hallelujah.

I'd spam the bass forum on HC for you but I had been receiving death threats over there. :D
I just spammed it earlier today when a Canuck bass player joined up and posted a thread.

·
Registered
109 Posts
James, how much did it cost to bring the SX to canada? I've always been attracted to SX but don't know how much could it cost to bring it up here...

·
Registered
69 Posts
james on bass said:
exactly - how hard can it be - there's only 4 strings! :mad:
... or sometimes more. :) These days I'm comfortable with 5 strings mostly, although I've spotted a few multi-stringed bass players (6 or more) on the forum. Anyhow the point wasn't lost.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Wait is over. She was waiting inside the door when I got home from work yesterday. Shipped Mondy, and in my hands Thursday - not bad.

The price of the bass was $129 US. Including shipping, duty & taxes, the price to my door was $205US, which with the dollar these days, is pretty damn good.

For only having about 30 minutes to play it yesterday, I'm quite impressed. Easily on par with a MIM Fender out of the box. After the mods I plan to do to it, I'm sure it will be smokin!

For a bass this good for the price, I'll be getting a second one soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What mods are you going to do to it?

My first thought was to get rid of those frets ;) I've been hinting for a year about how I want a fretless... Wifey hasn't gotten on-board yet but I'll keep trying. :)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, fretless is cool. I may buy another one.

As for mods...

My stuff arrived last night. New pots, capacitor,jack, a mini-switch to do a series/parallel mod, heavy duty bridge and a tort-shell pick guard.

·
Registered
627 Posts
james on bass said:
I ordered my SX last week. It was shipped Monday morning. Ordered all the modding parts on Tuesday from a forumite I met here. Man, would it be nice if the bass showed up Friday!

Is it just me, or does the bass forum not get frequented much?
Really? A week?
I've heard that RondoMusic can take just 2 days to ship to Canada. O well, they must be busy. I recommend you contact them if it still hasn't come by friday.

And yea, we have noticed the bass forum is kind of dead!
I'll try and pay more attention to it lol.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stratocaster said:
Really? A week?
I've heard that RondoMusic can take just 2 days to ship to Canada. O well, they must be busy. I recommend you contact them if it still hasn't come by friday.

And yea, we have noticed the bass forum is kind of dead!
I'll try and pay more attention to it lol.
Actually, I ordered the bass the week they were closed. When they opened Monday morning for business, they shipped the bass and I had it in my hands before noon on the Thursday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts