The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
I like the mix knob idea. I wonder if it's meant to act like the sparkle drive. I've been gassing for it.

P

·
0 Posts
I don't like white noise fizz that TS have. It is very apparent in the video.

·
Registered
24,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Computer audio/speaker sstems vary widely, andmine is certainly no prize whatsoever. But my experience both making and listening to videos is that fizziness can often be a product of the medium itself, rather than the device being shown on the medium. Not saying it isn't fizzy at all, because I can't tell from a Youtube. But then neither can most of us. It might be, but it might not be.

P

·
0 Posts
Computer audio/speaker sstems vary widely, andmine is certainly no prize whatsoever. But my experience both making and listening to videos is that fizziness can often be a product of the medium itself, rather than the device being shown on the medium. Not saying it isn't fizzy at all, because I can't tell from a Youtube. But then neither can most of us. It might be, but it might not be.
I agree, however the other day I tried out my collection of ODs through my amp and fizz was definitely coming from my Tubescreamers. The Zen Drive, Klones and the Barber Burn Unit didn't have fizz at the level of the TS. (As I type this I will try it again to be sure...)

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Old standard valves (tubes) are industrially and environmentally dirty to manufacture. Not overly efficient either. The technology and methods to construct them are not any different than 60 years ago. Currently they are only manufactured in Russia and China. There is no guarantee they will be around 30 to 50 years from now. The Korg Nu-tube and their like, are most likely the way to go in the future if you still want valve amps and pedals.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Don't ever trust You Tube as a fair representation of sound. Their compression algorithm really messes things up with the sound. My You Tube videos sound much different from there compared to the original.

·
Premium Member
16,833 Posts
Old standard valves (tubes) are industrially and environmentally dirty to manufacture. Not overly efficient either. The technology and methods to construct them are not any different than 60 years ago. Currently they are only manufactured in Russia and China. There is no guarantee they will be around 30 to 50 years from now. The Korg Nu-tube and their like, are most likely the way to go in the future if you still want valve amps and pedals.
Tubes were dead in the 80's too though.

We'll see what happens when the boomers aren't playing amps anymore (the younger folks seem to be embracing digital possibilities more).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts