The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Wah recommendations

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  mario 
#1 ·
In the market for a wah. Any recommendations out there? Would like it to be true bypass. Happy New Year!:DevilGuitar:

#7 ·
I've own a couple of crybaby's and voxes. My most recent is a vox v847 that I bought and sent to solid gold (solidgoldfx.com) in montreal. Greg done a superb job on the wah... it now has a red fasel, fulltone pot, upgraded caps, neutrik jacks, an external q pot, a nice white led, a tone switch on the outside to give a warmer or more trebley wah sound, a dc input, a bypassable output buffer with adjustable gain, internal trim pots to adjust wah volume, mid and bass, and a true bypass switch. The thing sounds great! My wah searching is definetly over.

#9 ·
fuel37 said:
I've own a couple of crybaby's and voxes. My most recent is a vox v847 that I bought and sent to solid gold (solidgoldfx.com) in montreal. Greg done a superb job on the wah... it now has a red fasel, fulltone pot, upgraded caps, neutrik jacks, an external q pot, a nice white led, a tone switch on the outside to give a warmer or more trebley wah sound, a dc input, a bypassable output buffer with adjustable gain, internal trim pots to adjust wah volume, mid and bass, and a true bypass switch. The thing sounds great! My wah searching is definetly over.
Good info. I've been thinking about sending mine to Greg too.

#13 ·
fuel37 said:
Hey Fuel37, I took your advice and bought a CryBaby really cheap and sent it to solidgoldfx.com I'll let you all know how it turns out.

#14 ·
fuel37 said:
Greg does do really good work IMO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.