The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a wah. Any recommendations out there? Would like it to be true bypass. Happy New Year!:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
Wah From Hell... wether you like Dime or not this is one of the best Wahs going... very flexable c/w boost excellent construction and killer tones all around... the price is right too!

Khing

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I've own a couple of crybaby's and voxes. My most recent is a vox v847 that I bought and sent to solid gold (solidgoldfx.com) in montreal. Greg done a superb job on the wah... it now has a red fasel, fulltone pot, upgraded caps, neutrik jacks, an external q pot, a nice white led, a tone switch on the outside to give a warmer or more trebley wah sound, a dc input, a bypassable output buffer with adjustable gain, internal trim pots to adjust wah volume, mid and bass, and a true bypass switch. The thing sounds great! My wah searching is definetly over.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
fuel37 said:
I've own a couple of crybaby's and voxes. My most recent is a vox v847 that I bought and sent to solid gold (solidgoldfx.com) in montreal. Greg done a superb job on the wah... it now has a red fasel, fulltone pot, upgraded caps, neutrik jacks, an external q pot, a nice white led, a tone switch on the outside to give a warmer or more trebley wah sound, a dc input, a bypassable output buffer with adjustable gain, internal trim pots to adjust wah volume, mid and bass, and a true bypass switch. The thing sounds great! My wah searching is definetly over.
Good info. I've been thinking about sending mine to Greg too.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zdogma said:
Good info. I've been thinking about sending mine to Greg too.
Actually, I seem to be leaning in that direction. Thank's for all the responses guys.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Well... In my opinion, you can't go wrong. He's great, works with you through the whole process so you get exactly what you want!. And what could make you happier than exactly what you want ;)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fuel37 said:
Hey Fuel37, I took your advice and bought a CryBaby really cheap and sent it to solidgoldfx.com I'll let you all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
fuel37 said:
Greg does do really good work IMO!

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
mario said:
Hey Fuel37, I took your advice and bought a CryBaby really cheap and sent it to solidgoldfx.com I'll let you all know how it turns out.
How did this turn out? rockin i bet :p

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fuel37 said:
How did this turn out? rockin i bet :p
Amazing! I had Greg do the works. Very full and articulate. The best wah I have ever played. A keeper!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts