The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I have a Zakk wyde wah pedal and it's being a pain. When it's in my chain (off or on) my amp output is cut down quite a bit.

If I go guitar to amp or take the wah out of the chain, my volume is back where it should be.

I've tried guitar into wah into amp and no luck there either. 100% sure it's the wah.

Any ideas if this is a simple please fix? Jacks? Pot? Switch?

Thanks in advance!

P

·
0 Posts
Hey guys

I have a Zakk wyde wah pedal and it's being a pain. When it's in my chain (off or on) my amp output is cut down quite a bit.

If I go guitar to amp or take the wah out of the chain, my volume is back where it should be.

I've tried guitar into wah into amp and no luck there either. 100% sure it's the wah.

Any ideas if this is a simple please fix? Jacks? Pot? Switch?

Thanks in advance!
First thing comes to mind is a bad cable.

Second is the input and output jacks. Are they open style or sealed in plastic? If open check the contact. Wiggle the cable and see (hear) if it makes any difference. Inspect the wires going from the jacks, and to the switch.

Then I would check the switch. Try clicking it on and of 20-30 times with your hand if possible.

When on open and close the wah a bunch of times. See if changes the volume. Try spraying the pot with Deoxit. Open and close 30 or so times.

Maybe try powering it with a battery...

Next step is to wait and see what mhammer advises.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I had this happen out of the blue at a gig. I figured that it was a bum cable.

It just turned out to be an oxidized jack/cable end on one pedal.

·
Super Moderator
15,752 Posts
I had this happen out of the blue at a gig. I figured that it was a bum cable.

It just turned out to be an oxidized jack/cable end on one pedal.
Yep, spray some deoxit contact cleaner on a cable end and plug it in and out a few times, see if that works.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely not a cable. Tried it on my home rig and jam space rig, completely different cables.

I'll try the Jacks. They are closed style so j can't see the insides

Thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts