The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I am interested in getting a Vox Pathfinder for a practice amp. Do I need to seek out a 15r or will the 10 version be fine?

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
I don't think that the power level is that important for an at home practice amp. But the Pathfinder 15r has tremolo and reverb. Pathfinder 10 does not. 15r has 8" speaker, 10 has a 6.5" speaker. 15r has speaker out, footswitch jack, headphone/line out. the 10 has only headphone/line out. The 15r has got more, but it depends on what you need/want.

http://voxamps.com/pathfinder10

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am mainly concerned about the sound. Don’t want it to sound tinny. I heard the 15 sounds so good and wonder if people have the same praise of the 10. Trem and Reverb are not so important to me.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You will be very happy with the stock Pathfinder 15r. I ran a 12" cab and the sound was big. Also the power section had a 20 watt chip installed

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Never tried the AC10 but have heard nothing but great things about them. I still have a pathfinder 15r which I love. If I were to choose between the pathfinder 10 and 15r, I'd definitely choose the 15r. I found the 10 too small and gimmicky, but ok as a practise amp.
In the lower watt vox camp have you looked at the AC4C1-12? I haven't tried one myself but they seem very nice using a 12" speaker, unless you need on board been and trem.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I found that the Pathfinder 15r sounded bigger than it's actual size.(to my old ears, anyway)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts