The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCAA cross country running nationals is happening next week (I am a running coach). Our school is taking 5 women and 5 men to race. We are ranked between 10th and 15th in the country.
We run at Seneca College King Campus on Saturday at 12. Come watch!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! We have Sunday to relax and do some sightseeing. We are from Alberta.

Any suggestions? We are avoiding museums and the like because of time constraints. We have from 9 - 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Too bad the 12th Fret is closed on Sunday; it’s about the only place I could recommend visiting while you’re here. Cosmo is worth a look but it’s north of TO and only accessible by car. Failing that, we have some very nice traffic congestion that is known to provide a healthy character building experience and it will make you appreciate home in Alberta ... lol

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
I saw the thread title and thought "Toronto? Voluntarily going?", now I see that you HAVE to go. My sympathies. I was there last week, ugh!

·
Premium Member
17,360 Posts
Visit my singer at Hastings cafe.

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
go to the distillery district and visit soma chocolate. when you get there, ask for a mayan shot. it's like a chocolate punch in the face.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
If you are downtown bound without a car, I second the Distillery district and Kensington. Never been before? CN Tower for the view (skip the overpriced revolving restaurant) and Riplys aquarium near the base. Summer’s gone, so that rules out some stuff.

There’s lots of great restaurants mixed in and around the core. It’s been decades since I’ve lived there so I’m out of the know as to what’s hot. Last time back, Queen street was a bit of a hot spot for nightlife food & drink. As mentioned, tt’s been decades since I’ve lived there so maybe some locals can chime in there.

If you have a rental car and don’t mind milage and a road trip, it’s 2 hour drive to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the lake. (Shop and eat in the latter, visit some winery's and enjoy the pretty drive along the river to see the falls and then head back to TO. (The falls is really the only good thing in NF unless you like the hokey fun houses and other cheesy attractions found just up the hill)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts