The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this stuff? Any tips? I was told the Cleaner does most of the work and started cleaning a Les Paul tonight. It’s working so well (especially on the back of the neck that was basically gray and dull) that I’ve stopped and I’m pulling the tuners, strings, knobs, pickguard, and bridge off to make sure I don’t miss any spots. It’s pretty obvious where you miss, and I haven’t even hit it with the polish yet. So far I’m impressed.

04F09774-FF0A-496B-A4BC-BCAF42D60538.jpeg

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Post more pics, especially a before and after if you can!

I use Maguire's Scratch X 2.0 (Can be found at Canadian Tire) and that stuff is friggen unreal for light scratches, scruffs, dullness and swirl marks. It's like a compound but also polishes to a high gloss on its own, worth it's weight in gold. I still use Gibson Polish for light dusting and cleaning though..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke to a store that used to sell it and the guy swore it’s just relabeled Mcquiers, but I forget which one he said it was. It doesn’t have any grit to it. This was supposed be a five minute job, but now I’m into it for a fret polish and clean/oil the board too.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Are you using a buffing wheel or elbow grease? I'd like to try a buffing wheel one day but I'm afraid I'd burn through the paint.
I have a wheel set up. But I use compound bars on the wheel, not the stuff in the link I added below.

I do use the products in the link above for the tighter spots, like inside cutaways and such, where the wheel won’t really reach.

I’ve never cut through.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Are you using a buffing wheel or elbow grease? I'd like to try a buffing wheel one day but I'm afraid I'd burn through the paint.
Where are you located? If “Earth” is close enough to Cambridge/ Kitchener, you are welcome to try my setup sometime, to get sort of a “in person” feel for how it works. I have a bunch of stuff to shine up actually.....

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha....nice try...I read Tom Sawyer too. I’m out in B.C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts