The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

281 - 300 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
lol, that's a permanent disability claim if I ever saw one. Broken back from carrying and blown ears from using!

I had a silverface twin for a while for Rhodes use and it sounded great if you didn't mind not being able to hear your neighbours knocking :cool:.

C
I had no issues hearing myself over the drums at practice this evening... ;)

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I played with one once. While singing a blue spark shot off my lip. Burnt my lip. And the ground from the cavity to the bridge post in my guitar had melted off all the shielding. A few people in the first few rows came after to ask what happened as they saw the spark too. There was even a Smokey stain on the vintage reissue shure mic (the Elvis one ). I guess I was lucky.

There was likely a smokey stain in your underpants too :)

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Looks like no one has posted one of these yet, so here is my 1965 (?) Gibson Skylark GA-5T. The only word I have is amazing.

I serviced one of these for a guy a few years back.
It is just incredible. Grab and go amp and dont need anything else for a small venue
Eats pedals all day

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
My Fender collection is a bit less exquisite than his, but I love my Silverfaces.
Somehow I missed the fact that you picked up a Twin R. What year is it? How are you liking that Twin Rev compared to the Super? I have owned both in the past as well.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Somehow I missed the fact that you picked up a Twin R. What year is it? How are you liking that Twin Rev compared to the Super? I have owned both in the past as well.
She's a 1975 my friend purchased new. I love the Twin. When I want cleaner scooped cleans, and tighter bass I go twin. When I want a little more hairy mids I go souper.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Here's what I have these days. A nice variety pack. 5, 12, 18, 20 and 40 watt combos. 1940s, 50s, 60s and 70. 8", 10", 12" and 15" speakers. (Field coil, alnico, and ceramic / Jensen, Rola and Celestion) 6L6, 6V6, el84 and 7591 output tubes. All of the amps are loaded with old glass...:cool:
- The echoplex is an early 70s ep3 blacktop.

281 - 300 of 302 Posts