The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

241 - 260 of 302 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Man, I took these pics back in Aug 2016 and just kept forgetting to posting them. Here's my studio partner's vintage Kalamazoo (Gibson) Model 2. She's a screamer (not sure if it's the speaker or what, but put your dog outside if you gonna dime it).

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
A week and a half ago I went to buy a bass and came back with lots of goodies... One of these was an early 60`s Symphonic MA-7 amp... Nice little thing... 3 to 5 watts.. nice sound... love these old tube amps...

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
careful with that....50L6 tube means no power transformer/the chassis can be live & dangerous

don't touch something else that is grounded

that is how Keith Relf died

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
careful with that....50L6 tube means no power transformer/the chassis can be live & dangerous

Thanks...

I was thinking of buying the isolation transformer that you plug directly to the wall outlet so you can use with all your tranformeless amps, one for all your amps. I have other small Pine Pepco amps that are the same...

The sound these make is worth the investment...

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts

I played with one once. While singing a blue spark shot off my lip. Burnt my lip. And the ground from the cavity to the bridge post in my guitar had melted off all the shielding. A few people in the first few rows came after to ask what happened as they saw the spark too. There was even a Smokey stain on the vintage reissue shure mic (the Elvis one ). I guess I was lucky.

241 - 260 of 302 Posts