The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
teleman said:
I've played a number of Deluxes, but I'm not that familiar with the Princeton. I mean, I've heard of them, but what do they sound like? Is it similar to a Deluxe, or a totally different beast?
Princeton is a little Deluxe in some senses. It's about 12 Watts. The best clean sounding Fender when set up properly. The only problem is the Princeton is just that, nothing but clean, humbuckers will barely make it break up when cranked. Now it's brother the Princeton Reverb has a little more gain on tap because of an extra gain stage in the reverb circuit.

Same goes for the Deluxe, it's a little cleaner than the Deluxe Reverb for the same reason as the Princetons. Just not as bad.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Here are my 2 babies:

1964 Princeton
1966 Deluxe

Can I kill you and steal them both???? Especially the Princeton ???? ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Robert1950 said:
Can I kill you and steal them both???? Especially the Princeton ???? ;)
dont quote pictures. I like the simplicity of tweed deluxes more, myself. it is hard to find a bad tone with so few nobs. nice amps

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
It's all about quality, not quantity...

First is a 1960 5F6-A with vintage P10Q's. It serves double-duty since it's perfect for both harp and guitar.

My other is a '62 Pro/Super. I consider it a hybrid since it came with factory original tube rectifier and has since been converted to a 2x10 set-up. It's now more brownface Super than Pro. I love 'em both!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I posted mine in another thread, but here they are again. Traynor Guitarmate with a G12H30 Heritage speaker, Traynor Bassmate head on an old large Sunn 2X12 semi open-backed cab with Chinese Greenbacks, and a 5 year old Super Reverb Reissue that sounds as good as any of the vintage Superes I've owned.

CT.:D

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I guess you could call my two fenders "Barely Vintage". I have a two amps from 1971. A silver face Twin and a silver deluxe reverb. No pics yet.

LB

·
Registered
283 Posts
ive only got one vintage amp. its an early 70s HH electronics 100watt head. if you're a fan of pink floyd, im sure you know of these. they can be seen numerous times during the Live at Pompeii film. i have been using it with a mid 80s Marshall 1965A 4X10 slant cabinet.

ive also got a a maybe 10-20watt selmer tube amp from around 1961. it is my fathers amp he has had for many many years. i can post pics of that if any1 is interested.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
My FAKE vingtage amp, :tongue: A reissue of the '50s GA-5 Les Paul Junior.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts