The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Superb Modulator
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by the TGP post of the same name

Reverb prices are out to lunch, dealers are asking a fortune for parts...all while likely many members here have what each other need and don't even know it!

Are you seeking vintage parts to complete a project? to restore a guitar? amp?
List what you need and let's use this thread to assist our members with parts needed to make existing guitars complete! :)

I'll start - I'm currently seeking

• 50s White Telecaster guard
  • 50s Tele bridge plate
  • a set of 1950s to early 60s nickel plated Gibson wrap-a-round bridge/ stoptail studs

·
Premium Member
28,369 Posts
I have several actual .047uf bumblebee caps that someone might want for an older LP or similar. I have no use for them. The leads are short, but still usable.

I'd love to find an arm for one of these old Maestro Vibrolas, so I could install it back on my '64 Coronet again.

EDIT: When I visited Gruhn's in 2009, there was a cluster of Coronets and Wilshires, and none of them had their Vibrola arms. I thought maybe it was a security thing and asked the sales clerk if they took them off and squirreled them away for safekeeping. He said no, they just came in that way. I guess those arms are easy to lose. Seems every week, while cleaning up, my wife brings me something and asks "Do you know what this is, or is for?". If those vibrola arms tend to get loose and fall off, I imagine many of them metthat sort of fate, minus the husband saying "Um, I don't remember, but let me hang onto it until I do."

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Dm me with any requests for vintage parts. @BlueRocker i just sold a compensated tp from the late 60s eea that was sitting in the parts section ads for a month, i may have another and def have a witch hat set

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have an original Leo Quann Badass bridge, the type they used to put on BC Rich guitars. but it has a twisted anchoring point, or ear. Haven't used since I bought it, in 2000. It was bent when I bought it.

Will post pic if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
28,369 Posts
I have an original Leo Quann Badass bridge, the type they used to put on BC Rich guitars. but it has a twisted anchoring point, or ear. Haven't used since I bought it, in 2000. It was bent when I bought it.

Will post pic if anyone is interested.
I have one as well, that I bought back when they were considered an innovation. The ear can be bent back to where it should be....gently...if you have a decent bench vice and enough leverage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts