The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vintage Marshall Studio 15 from 1985/86. An amazing sounding amp with some great features: built in attenuator, two line outs, headphone jack. The amp works well and sounds great but it has a few blemishes here and there. The treble and middle pots need a good cleaning as they are scratchy; that said, they work fine and simply need a shot of contact cleaner. The master volume knob is cracked but this is easily replaced if you want to. I had planned to clean it up etc. but I never got around to it because I was enjoying playing the amp so much. The amp is currently loaded with a Weber Sliver Alnico speaker but will ship with the original Celestion installed.

These are rare and even rarer in Canada. PRICE DROP $1000 plus shipping, payment via EMT. This is the cheapest price I have seen posted anywhere. I asking much more on Reverb: Marshall Studio 15 Model 4001 Only one in Canada | My music store! | Reverb

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got one of these about 15 years ago. I should have kept it.
I had another one years ago and HUNTED for this one for a long time. At the end of the day, I am more of a Traynor guy even though I love the Marshall sound. That said, I'll probably regret moving this. :(

In a world of $1000 SF Champs, I thought this would move fast. Portable, rare, great master volume, and Marshall tone with some great cleans too.

TG

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for much better pics and a more detailed description. I've had a sudden jump in interest on (and everything I have listed, did everyone just get their income tax returns! LOL) so let me know.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sigh, thought this was sold, twice! When it came to pay one buyer just disappeared. A second guy asked questions for days and made lowball offers. He finally agreed to the price. I told him to send payment and he wrote, “bring it to [city two hours away] and if I like it I will buy it.” Yeah dude, I’m going to do a 4 hour round trip just so you can try out my amp!!!!! Got to love Kijiji

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sigh, thought this was sold, twice! When it came to pay one buyer just disappeared. A second guy asked questions for days and made lowball offers. He finally agreed to the price. I told him to send payment and he wrote, “bring it to [city two hours away] and if I like it I will buy it.” Yeah dude, I’m going to do a 4 hour round trip just so you can try out my amp!!!!! Got to love Kijiji
Kijiji style! l lived the same thing twice during the last week about the Budda i try to sell…

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gigs must be on the horizon because there is suddenly a ton of interest in the amp! Three potential buyers but nobody has confirmed. Don’t risk waiting until you finish your forth beer this afternoon, grab it now and celebrate the long weekend as an exclusive member of the Studio 15 club (only 500 members!) 😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts