The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a friend who wants to sell a vintage Marshall JMP Bass 20 head.

I was looking for some info on it. Mostly the year it was made (I believe it is 1969) and how much it would be worth if they sell it.

Here are some pictures. It's all original except for the Marshall logo. Does anyone think it would be worth it to try and find and buy an old vintage one?? Also the plastic cap is missing on one of the knobs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Hi, I have a friend who wants to sell a vintage Marshall JMP Bass 20 head.

I was looking for some info on it. Mostly the year it was made (I believe it is 1969) and how much it would be worth if they sell it.

Here are some pictures. It's all original except for the Marshall logo. Does anyone think it would be worth it to try and find and buy an old vintage one?? Also the plastic cap is missing on one of the knobs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I figure between $2500-$3500

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Likely more in the $1000-1500 range. Different power/circuit that the most sought after JMPs.
Good luck even trying to find a reissue 20W Marshall for that price in today's market. @oneflatnote seems much more realistic, and if it were the PA or Lead models, it'd probably go for even more.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Likely more in the $1000-1500 range. Different power/circuit that the most soughtafter JMPs.
Good luck even trying to find a reissue 20W Marshall for that price in today's market. @oneflatnote seems much more realistic, and if it were the PA or Lead models, it'd probably go for even more.
Yeah... You're right... Saw a few in the $1500 or less range, but they had replacement trannys, etc.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
It’s worth what someone is willing to pay and a cool piece of Marshall history. If it were my Amp I’d list on ebay or national webpage for full exposure.

I’d say the mentioned reverb listing may be a little inflated as almost adds listed seem about 20% above street value. However my rule of thumb is you can always go down and never up on listing prices :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts