16,264 Posts
the inside looks very Fender-ish
the outside looks recovered.
But can't say either 100%

Reactions: HeavyMetalDan

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Any pics of the tolex used on your case? What model and year guitar is that?
Thanks
Not mine, I just found the pic online. I used to play one of these in the 70’s when I was just learning. The guitar was made for Ampeg in the 60’s by Burns or Baldwin or something. It had the great “Wild Dog” setting on the pickup selector switch.

The blue checked tolex was used on all their amps at the time.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not mine, I just found the pic online. I used to play one of these in the 70’s when I was just learning. The guitar was made for Ampeg in the 60’s by Burns or Baldwin or something. It had the great “Wild Dog” setting on the pickup selector switch.

Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You are right

·
Registered
16,264 Posts
This is a Fender

View attachment 429998 r

One style, yes.
The one above looks similar to a Fender case I have--not exact but similar--it could very well be the same case maker, or someone doing something similar.

Reactions: HeavyMetalDan

·
Registered
505 Posts
I still have the original case for my 1971 Gibson Flying V, I used Gorilla glue and duck tape to keep it together .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts