The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, here are two beauties....

first is my 1966 Guild f-20. Barely a scratch, small lightweight and just rings when played.

next... the nicest guitar ive ever played. i had it in my possession for a while, but i was holding onto it for my uncle. a 1942 Gibson L-00.... same deal, small body, but you would never know it by just hearing it.

Both of these guitars are in MINT condition, they are amazing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
well, here are two beauties....

first is my 1966 Guild f-20. Barely a scratch, small lightweight and just rings when played.

Lovely F-20 Darren. I had the pleasure of playing one a buddy brought to the Arlington Guitar show in October. Tons of sound and real easy to play.

Different pickguard on that though no?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliment on my guitar. I love everything about it, and it definitely turns some heads.

As far as the pickguard goes, I think it is original... but I'm not sure.

Also, looks like you are quite the Guild fan! I dont blame ya.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Guild

They are very nice guitars. I like the Vintage better then new..
I have a 1966 Guild T-100 Electric hollowbody.. I have had this guitar for over 30 yrs.I will post a picture sometime.

Cheers Rick

·
Registered
136 Posts
Also, looks like you are quite the Guild fan! I dont blame ya.
To me, they're an incredible guitar. They don't get the respect I think they deserve, which does tend to keep the prices down, I don't mind that. They have a great sound, full, throaty, even my JF which is maple has some real good bass to it, unlike others I've heard and played.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Guild

I have one old Guild like i said 1966. And then Guild starting making the Dearmonds made in Korea. These guitars are awesome for the money. I have two Starfires and one DEarmond special with a Bigsby type tremolo.

I have many guitars and the Cherry red Dearmond with the DEArmond gold tone pickups is a great guitar.

Just had it professional set up and it plays really nice. They made the DEarmond for 5 years and then Fender pulled the plug on them.

I think someday they will get apprecaited for what they are.. No there not the real deal but there also not 1800.00.
I see you can get them used now for about 500.00 a steal for a guitar like this.
I had a new Epiphone Dot..very similar in style but night and day with playability and sound.

Rick

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
MY Guild

I have had this guitar a long time. Its a 1966 T-100 Guild. I am a bit confused about the T-100.
I see T-100 on ebay with a single pickup and this one has to single coils.. Unless there is maybe another letter like T-100-D.

This guitar is not all origianal like i wish it was.. Been Re-finished and , re fretted and the Tuners are different.
Everything else is original. Plays pretty good..

I bought a New Dearmond Special that was i believe taken after this Guild and the Neck is exactly the same.

Well for some reason i cant post a Picture.. The button at the top dont work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure about the pickguard, but you are not the first person to say something about it not looking original... but I've also had quite a few people say that it is.

But anyways... For anyone who really like the Guild, I am sad to say that I am putting this guitar up for sale.... so check out the sale forum, or email me at [email protected] and we will talk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts