The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some knowledge they can share? I need to sell this but have no idea how to price it.

Looking for the year and fair price. My friend bought this used around 25 years ago and wants to downsize now.

All I know about it is that it sounds great and takes pedals well :)

6272D489-6118-4C83-8A9F-2850463E666B.jpeg
5C070091-54A6-422A-A500-ACB89F8A63EC.jpeg
C9599DDD-D808-4B4A-A45E-9627987E04AA.jpeg
A369DE0B-3995-4081-A762-9FF706E8EB32.jpeg

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
I sold my pro for $850 i think, a 76. Given its not super clean i imagine it would be around that.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
That particular amp appears to have a number of strikes against it, including:

1) Late 70's UltraLinear MV model (very little demand for these);
2) In rough cosmetic condition (unlike guitars, relic'ing on most amps is not desirable);
3) With no indication of recent servicing (e.g. original filter caps, etc).

My honest opinion is that $500 is the most any knowledgable person would pay. That model is similar to a Twin Reverb in size & weight (i.e. big & heavy) and the market on large Fender amps is terrible (unless you're a buyer). I wouldn't consider it myself for a number of reasons but it's conceivable that someone might pay 5 bills just to say they own a "vintage Fender amp".

Reactions: J-75

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
That amp in good condition is selling on Reverb for 1200-1800 dollars. Many examples all in that range for mid 70's pro reverb

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
Wish I got that kind of money for mine!

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Reactions: MS41R8

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Well, it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it if you want to be that way

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Well, it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it if you want to be that way
I think the evidence largely speaks for itself here so the only "way" I'm being (or trying to be) is objective, as requested by the OP. As a fellow member, I hope he gets top dollar for it :)

Reactions: J-75

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Average price of 10 sold in last 2 years is 1k

c3.PNG

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
That particular amp appears to have a number of strikes against it, including:

1) Late 70's UltraLinear MV model (very little demand for these);
2) In rough cosmetic condition (unlike guitars, relic'ing on most amps is not desirable);
3) With no indication of recent servicing (e.g. original filter caps, etc).

My honest opinion is that $500-$600 is the most any knowledgable person would pay. That model is similar to a Twin Reverb in size & weight (i.e. big & heavy) and the market on large Fender amps is terrible (unless you're a buyer). I wouldn't consider it myself for a number of reasons but it's conceivable that someone might pay 5 or 6 bills just to say they own a "vintage Fender amp".
It's basically a cheaper Twin. I'd love to pick up a UL amp for a clean country amp.

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Do we have to quote everything? Why not just post an answer. Geeze

·
Premium Member
4,536 Posts
I did, in my initial reply. :)
I don't need a notification every time you post an answer. Try answering without the quotes for a change

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
I don't need a notification every time you post an answer. Try answering without the quotes for a change
Quoting is to know if it's a general reply, or to a specific post. You two are having a conversation within a thread, so it makes sense that you'd be quoting one another. Things can get really hard to follow otherwise.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts