The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
I guess all those vintage amps will be worthless now :tongue:

If it was Apr 1st I'd swear this was a joke. I think the marketing suits at Fender have sunk to new lows.

Hey, If I put one in front of my vintage fender, will it sound MORE vintage? None

·
Registered
274 Posts
In my experience, the amp is 70% of your tone. Even plugging the orange ad140 into an mg412 cab (real cheap) instead of the orange 412 made a HUGE difference. It was disgusting.

You can't polish a turd, and I'm kind of disappointed in fender on this one.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yerffej said:
In my experience, the amp is 70% of your tone. Even plugging the orange ad140 into an mg412 cab (real cheap) instead of the orange 412 made a HUGE difference. It was disgusting.

You can't polish a turd, and I'm kind of disappointed in fender on this one.
Why? Have you tried one? Maybe they sound great. I wouldn't mind having reverb, trem, and overdrive in one pedal.

·
Registered
597 Posts
mrdylan said:
... Must be ok for Fender to put thier name on it.
IMO, Today's Fender Co. would put their name on a polished turd if they thought they could sell it and make money. Regardless of what these pedals sound like, it's the branding and cosmetics that amuses me. They're trying to milk every possible drop of name recognition from their trademarked past glory in the amp biz. Some guys are gonna buy these things thinking it will make their solidstate Peavey Bandit sound just like a tweed Bassman or blackface Deluxe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Robboman said:
Some guys are gonna buy these things thinking it will make their solidstate Peavey Bandit sound just like a tweed Bassman or blackface Deluxe.

Hear Hear

Never send a digital algorithm to do an analog's spikey job! There's always a bit of delay....and none of the guts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts