The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
They are amazing amps , I have a ‘66 and absolutely love it . It’s a regular at gigs for me and bumped my ‘61 Super down the list .

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Not many amps are as pretty from behind as they are from in front. Loves me those Lansings!

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
That's not vintage. THIS is vintage. These are my babies. I believe the Bassman is September of that year, and the Princeton is December. The Princeton actually has an 8" JBL speaker that I installed. Got rid of the Jensen shortly after I bought the amp in '76, and never regretted it. Used to have a lovely Blackface Tremolux head that I had modded to run 6CA7 power tubes, and installed a post-inverter master volume, and a footswitchable tonestack bypass. I can't believe I sold that thing for $200.

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I see this amp is for sale on TGP.....
The amp was there briefly before being moved to feebay...

I'll give you 75 bucks and a cat ;)
I appreciate the offer, but managed to do a little better on it last week...

That's not vintage. THIS is vintage. These are my babies. I believe the Bassman is September of that year, and the Princeton is December. The Princeton actually has an 8" JBL speaker that I installed. Got rid of the Jensen shortly after I bought the amp in '76, and never regretted it. Used to have a lovely Blackface Tremolux head that I had modded to run 6CA7 power tubes, and installed a post-inverter master volume, and a footswitchable tonestack bypass. I can't believe I sold that thing for $200.

Agreed....THAT is what vintage looks like. They look like killer amps :)

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts

Holy smokes!

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
This one's for the other Fender hounds on GC. BlackFace heaven. Couldn't resist the impulse to share....

View attachment 226310
View attachment 225672 View attachment 225674
Hold on....was this for sale Stevie ? How did I miss that?
LOVE Vibroluxes...LOVE those JBL 10's. I've heard another BF Vibro with a pair in it and it was the best Vibro ever !!!!
I have a pair of those JBL's.....as a matter fact I think I bought them from you !!!!
I hadn't had a home for them till recently and I used one of them in a Bob Burt 2x10 cab (Celestion Gold 10" on the other side....for some spank)

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hold on....was this for sale Stevie ? How did I miss that?
Hey Pete. The amp was for sale, not here but on feebay, so you didn't actually "miss it". Frankly, I didn't think it would sell here so listed it internationally instead.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Hey Pete. The amp was for sale, not here but on feebay, so you didn't actually "miss it". Frankly, I didn't think it would sell here so listed it internationally instead.
I would have been all over that one ! Always love the vintage Fender Gear for sale on here .

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would have been all over that one ! Always love the vintage Fender Gear for sale on here .

Thanks. I didn't think there'd be a lack of interest here, it's just that the money for clean vintage items is largely stateside in my experience. TBH, I could not have listed it here (at the asking price) without some embarrassment :eek:

Reactions: MS41R8
1 - 17 of 17 Posts