The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this up tonight for $450 CND, it's beat up, has a couple scratchy pots and the reverb doesn't work. I Just notice in one of the pics the reverb tank seems unplugged....man does it have a FAT tone and LOUD

I posted on a couple forums to try to indentify it, the seller didn't know anything about amps.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
noobcake said:
That was the one on Craigslist right? Anyways nice score:food-smiley-004:
yeah took the guy a week to reply to my email:zzz: ...I cleaned it up and it's just awesome for cleans, I don't like the drive though....It looks like the original tubes :confused-smiley-010 I'll put some new ones in there and see if i can dig the drive channel :rockon2:

I just got home from giging it, without a backup and it worked flawlessly...boogie live up to their reputation for indestuctability.
Even after the tube swap I'm sure my modded clasic 30's drive channel will kick the boogies ass tone wise, not the cleans though, the boogie has fenderish cleans.

I got an ID on the amp from the boogie board:

"Mark IIB - 60 Watt, EQ, Reverb with Emminence Speaker."

Great Deal!!!!!

BWK

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GuitarsCanada said:
Great score there. Very good price, not a lot of work needs to be done. :2guns:
yeah, just the knobs need fixing, the tubes seem fine but I will put new ones in. The reverb works, it was just unplugged...I also cleaned the pots and the scratchyness is gone.

The guy's add on craiglist was "100 watt mesa boogie amp $500"...lol I showed up with $450 and he said "cool", defenatly friday night's beer money :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this amp is just awesome, although I do not have the foot switch, the one from my 5150 controls the rhythm/lead. After reading about the amp there is a jack for a stereo footswitch on the chassis located near the tube sockets:confused-smiley-010 , anyway, this toggles the boost and EQ using my classic 30's footswitch. This was not documented in the online manual, possibly because you could custom order what options the footswitch controled, I am very pleased it doesn't control the reverb.

The switching versatility is unbelivable for an amp this old. :rockon2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts