The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prices now listed! Will sell amps individually or as a lot. Amps with matching cabs will remain as a set. I’ve decided to move along some amps out of the collection. I’d prefer a local sale/pickup, or regional delivery depending (Southern Ontario). Here we go, this is what’s available. I would consider selling the lot outright (I need a few days to consider and update the listing with asking prices), or trading it for a nice guitar or a few nice guitars. You know the drill, Fender, Gibson, Martin, Gretsch etc... Here are the amps; some of them customized by qualified amp techs so they can be used practically and safely by other guitarists or harp players. Just look at those Ampro cabinets! How cool is that?!!! Lots of good stuff, all within the three digit mark.

Please note, I‘m keeping my ‘64 Vox ac30 for now and the Tex amp has been sold separately on the forum. All other amps pictured are available for trade or sale (I’m currently working out prices for those).

Super cool looking ‘50’s grey metal Victor (RCA-Victor) amp head with matching cab, professionally modified for guitar use by Steve Moratto. The head is a 2x 6v6 arrangement with dual rectification! Can be operated with one of both rectifier tubes, depending on how much sag you like in your amp. Speaker in the cabinet is a vintage 1967 12” Jensen 8 ohm C12R. The cab can be connected in either of two ways... with the closed back or open back. Both have connectors to facilitate that. $650

Ampro 12” Speaker Extension Cabinet (plenty of real estate to put an amp chassis in, or use it as an extension speaker with the Ampro Amp). Original 16 ohm (possibly Goodmans?) speaker and it sounds great! ... $250

1965 Traynor Bass Mate Amp in excellent original condition. Has original RSC Jesnsen 12” speaker! Super cool looking early metal Traynor script logo on super clean grille clothe! ... $800

1940’s Victor cabinet with cool Victor grille logo, with original 12” field coil speaker inside. ... $125

1959-1960 Ampro Model 690 Amplifier. 2x 6v6 arrangment. This super cool amp comes with its original 12” Jensen (basically a 16 ohm P12R) ... $750

Keil 77a combo amp. Keil is a Canadian company but this isn't your regular cheap amp. Excellent quality components, including original Hammond transformers. Solid amp ... $500

Bell & Howell extension speaker cabinet with original 12” 16 ohm Jensen speaker in immaculate condition ... $175

Keil PA amp modded for guitar. Wow, this one is pretty cool. Excellent quality component. It’s basically a poor man‘s vintage ac15, running EL84’s, ecc82 & ecc83, and the venerable Vox tone ticket, the EF86. Original Mullard EL84’s in the power section too! ... $475

Super cool and rare 2-tone Kent amp. This thing is so cool looking and comes with its original cardboard shipping box! In superb original condition, especially for a nearly 60 year old amp ... $475

Four Beltone Combo gems here... $425 each

Beltone 2x10” AP-24 combo amp Red Tolex

Beltone 1x12” combo amp Red Tolex

Beltone 2x10” AP-24 Purple Tolex

Beltone 2x8” AP-18 Grey Tolex

Thorcraft Mustang! Excellent quality vintage Canadian combo amp ... $475

Keil Model 22 Camaro amp ... $450

Garnet Vagabond amp (basically a Garnet stencil amp as I understand it). Another cool vintage Canadian made amp by Gar Gillies ... $475

Fender Greta amp head (new unopened in box) with matching Greta cab in same condition ...$475

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet mother of all amps great and small! It needs to be done! There’s something in here for everyone. Some cool tones with many of these vintage amps.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
A true Beatle fan is always a good person in my experience. The opposite also applies, but that's another topic.
HaHa! There may be some truth to that B.
Have you contacted Randy B.? That room has Randy B. stank all over it :)
Haven’t spoken to Randy in a few weeks. He’s been here many times but for repairs... Since his move back to B.C., not so much...
Wicked collection!
👍🏻

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NIce but prices?
Ha! I think I should have posted this thread later...🤔 it’s a work in progress and I’m being pulled away from the listing with other matters. I wanted to add prices in the next day or two.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was concerned about listing this without prices ready... my apologies to everyone. Please hang in there, or if there are those who would feel better about my removing the thread until the prices are posted, I’m good with that too of course.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts