The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some very fine guitar playing in this video. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
WOW amazing picking. BTW finally got that Liza Jane solo down. That shuffle vince does has got me a little puzzled though. He does it different live than on the cd' .

·
Registered
24,340 Posts
Looks like good ol' VHS, (finally) converted to MPEG, after sitting in a box for a couple decades.
Gill and Lee are stellar players, but when Gatton steps up to the plate, it's clear he's on another plane, and playing a different instrument. Gill and Lee crank out a dazzling sequence of single notes. And Gatton...well, he may as well be conducting an orchestra with those 6 strings.

I'm curious about what they each used for echo. That weren't no Fender amp reverb we were hearing.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Looks like good ol' VHS, (finally) converted to MPEG, after sitting in a box for a couple decades.
Gill and Lee are stellar players, but when Gatton steps up to the plate, it's clear he's on another plane, and playing a different instrument. Gill and Lee crank out a dazzling sequence of single notes. And Gatton...well, he may as well be conducting an orchestra with those 6 strings.

I'm curious about what they each used for echo. That weren't no Fender amp reverb we were hearing.
Vince uses either Boss digital delays, or Line6 digital delays most of the time. Would have been Boss DD3 in those days.

I belive Danny used an old tape echo unit.

·
Premium Member
16,492 Posts
In that clip I’m mostly impressed with Gill and lee. Both are monsters.

I don’t hear what everybody else hears when it comes to Gatton at least so far. If someone has a classic or favourite Gatton clip I’d like to hear it.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Better than I remember. I’ll do a little youtube surfing and give him a better listen. Thanks.

For some reason I remember hearing hime play with a very scratchy tone in other clips. These were much better.

Thanks
There was a lot of that as well. No doubt. Strange man. Yet talented

1 - 12 of 12 Posts