The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
There are a couple guys (I have their cards somewhere) but they both usually have 2-3 month wait times. I've used Dave Pellow but he just moved to Nanaimo and started a new shop there. Great work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Worth waiting for if they’re good, let me know contact info for the Vic area one if you don’t mind, thx!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm coming up empty. I'll check my desk at work on Tuesday. Barring that stop in at Old Town Strings on Hillside. They don't work on electrics but they keep the cards of all the other luthiers in town. That was how I found these guys in the first place.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I'm coming up empty. I'll check my desk at work on Tuesday. Barring that stop in at Old Town Strings on Hillside. They don't work on electrics but they keep the cards of all the other luthiers in town. That was how I found these guys in the first place.
Old Town Strings works on electric guitars now and they are great. Former owner, Dave Cahill, absolute gem of a guy, passed away a few years back. Before he passed away, he sold his shop to Dylan Rovere, a great luthier with an interest in both electric and acoustic instruments. They are the "go to" guys in Victoria.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts