The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a place in or around TO that carries them and has more than one size in stock?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
don't know, can't help, sorry but I liked some of their casual shoe/boot offerings. and they come relic'd nic3!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at their 98 snoot boot but comes in half sizes and different widths which means you need try them all and I don’t feel like ordering them and have to ship em back bcs a half size difference with a particular width would be best option .. maybe. Too many maybes and different boot makers got different sizes then add width options to that fucks it right up unless you can try them on.

Things are made in Van but no one carries them.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I feel ya. I found something that fit me just right and the width came into play on it. The perfect boot for me that I would buy every few years. The time came where they stopped carrying it in Canada and even though you could buy it in the US you could not have it shipped over the border. Stupid.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I bought a leather jacket from Cockpit USA last month and they were bitching about shipping it here. There was other stuff I wanted from them but they can fuck off now.

Usual boots for me are Dan Post and Tony Lama so I got their sizes down and can order them although there’s a boot place nearby that gets them for me.

Viberg is Canadian, not cheap, and cant find them anywhere local.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I have two pair of Vibergs. I have their standard work boots, the 6 inch Bobcats and a set of the Service boots.

The Bobcats are a great short workboot, a bit heavy but rugged and comfortable. Great build quality. The sole is Vibram has good grip and is cushiony. They fit about a 1/2 size big, I got the EE width and they fit me perfectly.

The Service boots are really, really expensive, but are the best made and most comfortable leather boots I've ever owned. Just perfect. No safety toe, Dainite soles. The leather is like butter, instant break in. No cushioning at all in these guys, but you don't need it. Fit a full size big and are about a E-EE width in the standard last.

I bought both pairs in BC.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I saw the lost and found thing when I was looking round earlier but it’s the square toe western/bike boot that I’m looking for and most people prolly just buy the Canada West version of those anymore.

L

·
0 Posts
sheet mon!

I just looked at that site. About all I'd be willing to buy is the castile soap and conditioner.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
ever since i bought a pair of kodiak's boots several years ago, it is much easier for me to buy quality work boots. i can order direct from the factory, they ship fast, and are the best boots i've ever owned.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ended up getting frye snoot boots today most comfortable ones they had in that type - just put em on and go. Been buying stuff from Herberts Boots in Innisfil and Alliston for years now - good people to deal with.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Frye are generally way underbuilt for their price....hope you got em on sale. Barely in the same universe as Vibergs.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Frye are generally way underbuilt for their price....hope you got em on sale. Barely in the same universe as Vibergs.
Comfort decides. Canada West about the same price as Frye but not a good fit. Vibergs are pushing $600 including tax which I could do but I didn't like the 13" height on them. It's just boots - way too soon we come to know that things will come and things will go.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Don't what your budget is, but I posted these before in a "Canadian-Made" thread.

Bike and work. Boots. Shoes. Men and women.

Good enough for the Terminator. Subsequent choice of celebrities.

Dayton boots. Canada's finest.

Rebel

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
I have read nothing but great things about Dayton. Build to order only though, which I haven’t had the patience to try yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts