The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
There's a very important disclaimer on the article that the Digg post conveniently ignores:

EDITORS NOTE:

Since the original publication of this article we have been inundated with responses from the public at all walks of life. It is important to note that research is ongoing with DCA, and not everyone is convinced it will turn out to be a miracle drug. There have been many therapies that were promising in vitro and in animal models that did not work for one reason or another in humans. To provide false hope is not our intention.
Here's a long, boring article on the subject:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2007/01/in_which_my_words_will_be_misinterpreted.php

Now, that article isn't nearly as fun as hearing "Big Pharma is keeping the patentless miracle cure down!!!!!", is it? The outlandish "Evil Big Pharma" take on the situation really tickles the imagination. Haha. Damn fools and their conspiracy theories. It's really got out of hand. Everything's a conspiracy these days because people are either too stupid or too lazy to put some critical thought in on subjects.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"Nothing says fun like an old Marshall..."

nine said:
Now, that article isn't nearly as fun as hearing "Big Pharma is keeping the patentless miracle cure down!!!!!", is it? The outlandish "Evil Big Pharma" take on the situation really tickles the imagination. Haha. Damn fools and their conspiracy theories. It's really got out of hand. Everything's a conspiracy these days because people are either too stupid or too lazy to put some critical thought in on subjects.
Yeah, that's the thing about conspiracy theories. I guess for some folks they'd rather believe that what they want is actually possible or out there somewhere and someone is keeping it from them than admit to the usual truth: it either doesn't work or isn't there at all!

:zzz: If it's a conspiracy then there's always the chance that if they bitch at their leaders long enough they might get it. If the Universe just doesn't work that way then they have to admit it's totally beyond their control.

C

·
0 Posts
I think it aughta be said again....

"It is important to note that research is ongoing with DCA, and not everyone is convinced it will turn out to be a miracle drug. There have been many therapies that were promising in vitro and in animal models that did not work for one reason or another in humans."

·
Registered
300 Posts
the other thing about consipiracy theories is that exactly because most people believe they're silly, certain groups are actually able to get away with a lot of stuff. Western governments and media have gotten away with lots of lying and propaganda simply because when someone says "they're lying" everyone goes "oh it's the conspiracy theorists again" and no one takes them seriously.

just the other side of the coin..

·
Registered
737 Posts
Exactly! And people are so trained that when they hear a story that goes against 'common knowledge' or what they have been indoctrinated to believe, they immediately say 'Conspiracy Theory' then the obligatory do-do dodo, (Twiglight Zone), that attacks the messenger, not the message and is reminiscent of school playground bully tactics. Conspiracy is a fact, people have been conspiring since the beginning of time.

Granted, there are some pretty wild sites out there that earn the 'Twiglight Zone' award, (I don't believe in aliens from space or ghosts - not until I meet one). But there are also some very informative ones too, (and ones that you wish to god weren't true), check out;

www.vivelecanada.ca Deals primarily with CDN issues.

Welcome to the dis-information age

C

·
0 Posts
"the other thing about consipiracy theories is that"
They're bullskite!

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
ClintonHammond said:
"the other thing about consipiracy theories is that"
They're bullskite!

...my favourite is the one even stephen harper bought into: "global warming is a liberal conspiracy to undermine our great capitalist greedfest."

okay, i paraphrased...

-dh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts