The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I didn't even know she was still alive. What a great life.
My parents used to listen to a show on CFRB. Hosted by an older English Gentleman. He not only played a lot of Vera Lynn, he used "We'll Meet Again" as the show's theme song. Childhood Memories

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I am embarrassed to admit I had never heard of her until I got around to listening to that Pink Floyd album

but hey, I was a kid!

I did pick up a couple of her albums last year though, I will spin one today in her memory

RIP & thank you for the music...

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I didn't even know she was still alive. What a great life.
My parents used to listen to a show on CFRB. Hosted by an older English Gentleman. He not only played a lot of Vera Lynn, he used "We'll Meet Again" as the show's theme song. Childhood Memories
The host was Ray Sonin, and the show was "Calling all Britons". Growing up in Toronto, my parents and grandparents listened to that show too...

John
thegrumpyoldman

·
Registered
835 Posts
I was wandering around youtube awhile ago and found this surprise. Lovely version of Tom Paxton's "Whose Garden Was This?"

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
Dad spent the last year of the war in a military hospital in England. She did at least one show there....there's a signed picture amongst dad's souvenirs. RIP Vera

1 - 12 of 12 Posts