The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just finished dealing with a guy on a potential guitar deal (not on GC) and must say sometimes people can really piss me off. I like to think in any deals I have done I am fair. But I have also been around the block and know what stuff sells/trades for in the used market and what affects value. (Guys on this forum seem to be very good with pricing). Anyways I Was looking at possibly working a deal out trading a les Paul standard for a certain prs signature model guitar. The signature model guitar sells for more than the Les Paul. He replies that I would need to add something on top (a fair request!). I reply that I have concerns that the pickup rings and pickups are not the signature pickups because the signature pickups should be chrome and not zebra and the pickup rings should not be chrome but beige. I claim if it does not have original pickups then it is not worth as much as if it were original and if that was modified my concern is what else was. I stated without the original signature pickups it was the equivalent the a certain model which is less valuable than the signature model. Seller did not indicate if he was original owner despite being asked.

Once he got my e mail he sent a snotty reply that insulting the guitar would not get me anywhere and claimed the guitar is stock.

In all pics of the guitar online I cannot find one with chrome pickup rings and zebra pickups. Obviously I would not offer prime value for a signature guitar that is not signature (mods).

Is it just me? Am I totally off base?

Arghhhh!

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
There may have been a better way of communicating it (also, email means it's hard for the other person to tell how snarky you are actually being - some people assume the worst.... sometimes because they're the worst), but you're not wrong (if all that stuff is true; I dunno). Chances are you just hit him where it hurts - he got screwed on the deal before you and has to face the fact now so he got mad at you instead.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There may have been a better way of communicating it (also, email means it's hard for the other person to tell how snarky you are actually being - some people assume the worst.... sometimes because they're the worst), but you're not wrong (if all that stuff is true; I dunno). Chances are you just hit him where it hurts - he got screwed on the deal before you and has to face the fact now so he got mad at you instead.
Good point on e mail. Cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I (casually) run a PRS page on facebook. Tell me the model you're wondering about and I'll post the question there. We have a PRS staffer or two as well as dealers, so it should get sorted quick.
Thanks, all is good , I am on the prs forum and could post there. Thanks for the offer though. Regardless our two ships have sailed different directions ;) and I don’t see them meeting up again ;)

P

·
0 Posts
Thanks, all is good , I am on the prs forum and could post there. Thanks for the offer though. Regardless our two ships have sailed different directions ;) and I don’t see them meeting up again ;)
You may have passed on a magic guitar... :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I (casually) run a PRS page on facebook. Tell me the model you're wondering about and I'll post the question there. We have a PRS staffer or two as well as dealers, so it should get sorted quick.
Surely, it's a DGT, no? And, as far as I know, the pickups can't be bought separately, at least I seem to recall something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts