The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there a Variax fan? Just used my new one a few rehearsals, very versatile guitar and it sounds great through the regular stock pick-ups as well.

Who knew I would need a banjo sound...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I had one of the Les Paul shaped ones for a bit. I bought it used from L&M. It worked for a couple of hours, then it quit. They replaced the battery, took a couple of weeks to get one. Worked for maybe an hour, then it quit again. After another few weeks, turns out they were not able to fix it. Which was too bad, I thought some of the sounds were fantastic. I especially liked the 12 string sound.

But that left me not trusting them, so I never bought another.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have to say I was a bit of a skeptic. My band mate had a new JVT69 a few years ago so I was curious. I thought it would be a great tool for studio work and as a rhythm guitar player. My old brother who is a pro guitar/bass player bought the JVT 59 model and loves it. He even admitted that he is ignoring his '83 Ibanez Artist which has been his favourite guitar for decades. The Yamaha platform is very good all by itself, very Strat like in it's tones and feel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a drag about the battery thing. So far I haven't had that issue, seems to last through a couple of 2 hour rehearsals and still have juice left. Haven't heard any issues from my brother either. I think he said he was getting at least 8 hours...

I will always have my Telecaster at the ready...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts