The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Do you think they have the idea that learning guitar as an adult is not just simply hard, but impossible? Many people 40+ were raised with, or picked up from society, the idea that music must be learned at a young age. I was.
My daughter picked it up again during the pandemic. She plays piano though and learned it when she was a kid.
I think the issue with the younger generation nowadays is that most can't be bothered to learn music for whatever reason.

Sorry for sidetracking this thread.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think the issue with the younger generation nowadays is that most can't be bothered to learn music for whatever reason.

Sorry for sidetracking this thread.
All good, I've gotten a few pm's so that's likely how people will respond to the ad. I think we're about to see a boom in younger guitar players. Many of the current top music stars as kids didn't have guitar heroes that spoke their generation. For that cohort, many took up keyboards, DJ, production, etc and is why a lot of the current gen music is so electronic/house/dupstep/hiphop focused. Social media made guitar and other rock instruments cool again and I think in the next 5-10 years we'll see a slew of bands that came to playing instruments through the tiktok/instagram/fb crowd. Or I could be wayyyyyy off.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
You know, all you have to do to get your guitars back is introduce your dad to this site. The GAS will develop quickly and he'll see that your guitars are a poor substitute for a R9, Bartlett Retrospec, Fender CS or maybe even a fine Tele-bird (sorry, shameless plug for one of my parts builds 🙃). He'll then be asking you to come and pick up the chaff from his fine- and growing- collection of cork-sniffery.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apologies friend, no offense meant.
Wow!! So glad I'm 60+ and don't have to grow up in this humourless world!! I was a member of a forum that actually asked me to take down my signature down because someone was offended by it?? Needless to say, no longer a member there.

BTW I thought your post was awesome, chuckled all the way through the read!!

Cheers!!

Reactions: Patrice Brousseau

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
Wow!! So glad I'm 60+ and don't have to grow up in this humourless world!! I was a member of a forum that actually asked me to take down my signature down because someone was offended by it?? Needless to say, no longer a member there.

BTW I thought your post was awesome, chuckled all the way through the read!!

Cheers!!
Theres been a couple comments against "Tongue in cheek" posts lately.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
I was a member of a forum that actually asked me to take down my signature down because someone was offended by it??
Some people are like slinkies.............They're really not good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
Love it. Hope I get to use that sometime, somewhere. lol

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Back to our regularly scheduled programming. Would something along these lines work? The entire CV line seems to have a solid reputation overall:
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster | Guitars | City of Toronto | Kijiji
This particular style CV Tele is their best offering, IMO. Fits your request to a T. Actual mahogany (of some sort) body, made very similarly to a actual Fender mahogany thinline body. No pine body that weighs a ton, or veneered-top/back alder Custom body where the veneer starts to split and lift.

Pushing folks down stairs? It's been done, eh?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This particular style CV Tele is their best offering
Good to know, I don't have much experience with the CV line, other than the flood of posts on every guitar forum saying they were the best thing since sliced bread when they first came out.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Good to know, I don't have much experience with the CV line, other than the flood of posts on every guitar forum saying they were the best thing since sliced bread when they first came out.
IMO, the mahogany thinline version is the closest of the CV line to sliced bread by a country mile.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Stay on topic folks.

It's not fair to the OP, or the Mods who need to perform "surgery" on threads to keep them alive.

Take the shit talking to PMs if you must.
The OP brought this on himself with an offensive WTB title. He admitted himself some would find it offensive and yet here we are where I open up the guitars f/s forum and see his “assisted suicide” in a WTB thread title. Truly an absurd world you mods live in where we have to be fair to the OP.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Sigh....

You might check out G&L ASATs. There’s an offshore line that’s in the $700 new ballpark. Used should be near your budget. People say good things about them. I think there are several Thinline models with different pickup configurations, SS, SH, possible HH.

·
Super Moderator
516 Posts
The OP brought this on himself with an offensive WTB title. He admitted himself some would find it offensive and yet here we are where I open up the guitars f/s forum and see his “assisted suicide” in a WTB thread title. Truly an absurd world you mods live in where we have to be fair to the OP.
@JMann
This is now your 11th post in this thread.

Rule 1 and 2: on GC:

• "[1] All posts must be on subject and of substance.
  • [2] Please respect all opinions on all subjects. You may disagree with the post, but please allow everyone to express themselves. Do not attack the poster"

Have you offered any advice/wisdom/ to the OP with his idea?​
Have you rode/crossed the line with each post you've made in this thread?​

There's a report function on every post. Had you reported it in that manner, I (or whichever Mod saw the report) would have likely asked the OP to change it, just out of courtesy to our community.

And while it's appreciated that you even asked us to ban you from the forum in one of the "helpful replies" you offered, it won't be that easy.

But there's still time...

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Some of the nonsense on this thread is why I like the rules on a couple of other forums that I participate in.

In the ”for sale” section, only the originator can post, and only once every seven days. The rule here to BTT only once a week is illogical when it’s the Wild West for comments, “GLWTS!!”, etc when the OP is supposed to be limited and watch this stuff bury his ad on page 3.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The rule here to BTT only once a week is illogical when it’s the Wild West for comments, “GLWTS!!”, etc when the OP is supposed to be limited and watch this stuff bury his ad on page 3.
Maybe just ask the mods directly to change the ability for comments to bump a thread, auto BTT/TTT on a once a week schedule and have items listed sold removed from the auto bump?

The acoustic sub classified was a grass roots movement that quickly came about.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Similar to the thread on "nature" shots that a few didn't like, once I opened and saw it wasn't my thing, I never went back into the thread. With this one, I thought the original thread topic & opening statement was a little off side, but I figured it would be modded if it was truly offensive to the masses. I was just going to carry on with the content I do like. Such is life.

Regardless, the actual point of the thread was to find a Thinline Tele.

@crann, you are in London, this ad is in Elmira. Not close, but a nice drive.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
@crann I see what you did with your title. 😎 So let’s move on…

Agree with the poster that mentioned the Squier Classic Vibe series. I‘ve had a Squier CV bass in Dakota Red that still looks and plays awesome 10 years later.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts